Composite Door-Where to buy?

Found 23rd May
Hi

where is it reasonable price to buy and have it fitted?
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Avoid Anglian windows, bloody dire...
I have been advised by members here to replace a wooden front door with a composite door, but when I googled, it was not clear to me what a composite door is, and whether it would be less prone to rotting like a wooden door.
mutley19 m ago

I have been advised by members here to replace a wooden front door with a …I have been advised by members here to replace a wooden front door with a composite door, but when I googled, it was not clear to me what a composite door is, and whether it would be less prone to rotting like a wooden door.

A composite door is PVC that can be fitted like a wooden door to a wooden frame unless I’m wrong?
karlypants1 m ago

A composite door is PVC that can be fitted like a wooden door to a wooden …A composite door is PVC that can be fitted like a wooden door to a wooden frame unless I’m wrong?

This is what I am hoping, but all I got when I googled composite door, is that it is made of composite material. To me this could be anything, mdf is technically composite!
karlypants1 h, 18 m ago

A composite door is PVC that can be fitted like a wooden door to a wooden …A composite door is PVC that can be fitted like a wooden door to a wooden frame unless I’m wrong?

You are wrong
mutley11 h, 18 m ago

This is what I am hoping, but all I got when I googled composite door, is …This is what I am hoping, but all I got when I googled composite door, is that it is made of composite material. To me this could be anything, mdf is technically composite!

You will have a UPVC frame and the door leaf is composite
Composite doors are the newest type of door used in homes. ... Composite doors are made up from a variety of materials, including PVC, wood, insulating foam and GRP (glass reinforced plastic). The combination of materials result in a door that is very strong and secure.
mutley11 h, 33 m ago

I have been advised by members here to replace a wooden front door with a …I have been advised by members here to replace a wooden front door with a composite door, but when I googled, it was not clear to me what a composite door is, and whether it would be less prone to rotting like a wooden door.

They won’t rot. If you go to a double glazing firm and buy one make sure the manufacturer is not Door Stop. I fit composite doors for my job and I wouldn’t have a door stop door on my house. Poorly manufactured and weak reinforcing in the frame to say the least. New world and Solidor are good doors
I recently had a new door supplied and fitted by these people, very pleased with it: valuedoors.co.uk/
marshy512 h, 14 m ago

They won’t rot. If you go to a double glazing firm and buy one make sure t …They won’t rot. If you go to a double glazing firm and buy one make sure the manufacturer is not Door Stop. I fit composite doors for my job and I wouldn’t have a door stop door on my house. Poorly manufactured and weak reinforcing in the frame to say the least. New world and Solidor are good doors

I assume that they would cost more than your traditional upvc door then?
mutley13 h, 54 m ago

This is what I am hoping, but all I got when I googled composite door, is …This is what I am hoping, but all I got when I googled composite door, is that it is made of composite material. To me this could be anything, mdf is technically composite!

Stop Googleing and start phoning round for quotes...
mutley18 h, 28 m ago

I assume that they would cost more than your traditional upvc door then?

Yeah. If you buy from a double glazing firm the lowest you pay would be probably £900. Obviously the fancier you go, colour, glass design even handles the price increases.
Edited by: "marshy51" 24th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants