Groups

composite doors

are composite doors any good or shall i stick wid upvc?

7 Comments

ive looked into them and heard they only look better and not to touch a upvc as they are very easy to get into u cant beat a thick wooden door with the correct locks fitted and good frame

We had one fitted last week, security wise I'd say they are better than either wood or upvc, like said above the panels in UPVC doors are poor for security as they can be pushed through/out with little effort or noise, I'd say they trump wooden doors too as there are no joints in the door to give way to being kicked, ours is a solid piece of wood (well some sort of fibre board) inside so even if you did manage to crack that the laminated UPVC would hold it all together. I think ours cost in the region of £1100 as it had to be custom ordered due to being an odd size (we didnt pay though as we are council house scum :whistling:).

The weak point on any door security wise is the locks, if you know what you are doing (needs some practice) you can get through most silently in under a minute with tools bought for £10-15 from the internet.

This applies to traditional mortice locks, yale locks and eurolocks equally.

Ignore the fact you may see locksmiths working on a lock for an hour or so its rubbish, they just do it a more time consuming way to make their fee seem justified.

so whats the best locks to buy?

tonico;6595979

An electronic one:thumbsup:

tonico;6595979

one that bites

Original Poster

rosecaitlin;6596521

one that bites

lol , well cant have the misses at the door all day.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions