Found 28th Mar 2010
Hey all, can you please let me know if this computer has WiFi? (direct link on next post).

Cheers guys

Foxy

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

Not built in no, but you could add a usb wifi dongle relatively cheaply

Banned

nope .

Original Poster

Is ]this what I need guys?

Foxy102;8226895

Yes.

Edit: Actually, no. Since i's for a desktop, buy a cable instead. Wireless tends to be quite unreliable, while cabled networks are rock solid.

Foxy102;8226895

Yes that would work - or something like ]this as it has an extendable base so you could move it into a different area if the signal is poor. (this isn't the cheapest one, just the first I could find for comparison) :thumbsup:

dcx_badass;8226962

Noooooo!!! Do not buy that Belkin, it's the worst wireless device I've … Noooooo!!! Do not buy that Belkin, it's the worst wireless device I've ever come across, always dropping the connection. Get a PCI card, much better.Something like this:http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3476874/Edimax-EW-7128G-Wireless-G-54-Mbps-LAN-PCI-Card-Adaptor/Product.html

The belkin was only an example of one with an extendable base, and I've used one for years with no issues.

I get the feeling the OP wouldn't be comfortable fitting a PCI card (no offence OP) - especially as they had to ask if the base unit had Wifi or not....

dxx;8226921

Yes.Edit: Actually, no. Since i's for a desktop, buy a cable instead. … Yes.Edit: Actually, no. Since i's for a desktop, buy a cable instead. Wireless tends to be quite unreliable, while cabled networks are rock solid.

Erm, I think the OP actually wants wireless or else why ask in the first place? :?

Banned

dxx;8226921

Yes.Edit: Actually, no. Since i's for a desktop, buy a cable instead. … Yes.Edit: Actually, no. Since i's for a desktop, buy a cable instead. Wireless tends to be quite unreliable, while cabled networks are rock solid.

You're not wrong, but its a bit of a daft comment since the OP wants wireless.

Its akin to telling someone wanting to buy a Ferrari to buy 1989 Nissan Sunny instead because it has better fuel consumption.

vibeone;8227267

You're not wrong, but its a bit of a daft comment since the OP wants … You're not wrong, but its a bit of a daft comment since the OP wants wireless.Its akin to telling someone wanting to buy a Ferrari to buy 1989 Nissan Sunny instead because it has better fuel consumption.

Actually, a 1989 Nissan Sunny isn't very good on fuel economy. Better than a Ferrari, granted but I would personally go for a modern diesel. :-D

So, to sum up OP, go for a modern diesel-engined small car.

Banned

deek72;8227332

Actually, a 1989 Nissan Sunny isn't very good on fuel economy. Better … Actually, a 1989 Nissan Sunny isn't very good on fuel economy. Better than a Ferrari, granted but I would personally go for a modern diesel. :-DSo, to sum up OP, go for a modern diesel-engined small car.

I welcome your correction, and agree with it. End of thread I'd say. Another successful conclusion :-D

Original Poster

Rep for all the help guys, nice one :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Switch from BT to BT same property different person46
    2. Driving anxiety.2948
    3. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch33
    4. What is gearbest like on warranty?66

See more discussions