Computer advice wanted please.

8 replies
Found 2nd Mar 2010
Hi All,

I was thinking of upgrading to windows 7 and am not sure if My computer is up to it!
It has an intel(r) 4 cpu 2.8 ghz, 512 mb ram, 75 GB Hard drive with 51 GB Free space.
Thanks for any advice on this,

Mike.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

You will need more RAM - I suggest 2Gb

not that i'd recommend it but i saw windows 7 running on an ancient dell 8100 inspiron laptop on sunday (1Ghz PIII, 512mb RAM and 30 GB HDD with geforce 2go graphics) and it ran suprisingly well

Original Poster

Thanks for replys, I have just put in another 512mb of ram which I had in a drawer. Would you still recommend more ram?

Donkey Kong;7999340

Thanks for replys, I have just put in another 512mb of ram which I had in … Thanks for replys, I have just put in another 512mb of ram which I had in a drawer. Would you still recommend more ram?

For just surfing the net etc 1gb is fine,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;7999794

For just surfing the net etc 1gb is fine,

Thanks, thats just about all I want to do really.:thumbsup:

the minimum requirement of ram is 1gb you should be fine but will run slow and you wont be able to run many apps at the same time but usable for internet

If it ain't broke...

aamir007;8001453

the minimum requirement of ram is 1gb you should be fine but will run … the minimum requirement of ram is 1gb you should be fine but will run slow and you wont be able to run many apps at the same time but usable for internet

i run win7 on a 1gb laptop which is ancient and it runs as smooth as for internet and office programs with some music in the background.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition53488
    2. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)22
    3. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!33
    4. Win a Blink home security and monitoring system, worth £269.99 @ Netmums11

See more discussions