Computer Buying Advice!

4 replies
Found 1st Sep 2009
Hi All,

I'm in the need of a new desktop computer! I'm really stuck on what to go for, have looked around places and haven't seen anything that tickles my fancy! lol
Anyway I have a budget of around £400-500 and wouldnt mind building my own as long as the price is right! I've decided to opt for a quad core processor (not sure between amd/intel) and 8gb ram. Hard disc space and graphics adaptor aint a big worry but would like something decent given my financial constraints. Also I need a dual dvi output as i'll be running my hd tv and monitor with it.
Any ideas people on what to go for?? Any decent components out there with a sweet price tag??
Thanks in advance ppl!
DG

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
4 Comments

I couldn't build my own but I like those towers with the clear panels with the lights on side.

wait for the i5 cpu and p55 boards that are out this month or you will buy old tech.

The Micro Mart forums are a good place to get detailed technical computer advice.

forum.micromart.co.uk/

See the "System Builders and Upgraders" forum.

Original Poster

has anyone purchased from a company called palicomp? I saw some listings on ebay for their computers, they look quite good...a little too good to be true for the price...!! :whistling:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…48107
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52422864
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427914645
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769427

See more discussions