Computer components

Found 26th Jul
if I buy computer parts from HK and bring it over to UK by plane will I get charged for tax
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
If it is in your luggage then these goods are for personal consumption and won't get charged tax
senukas12 m ago

If it is in your luggage then these goods are for personal consumption and …If it is in your luggage then these goods are for personal consumption and won't get charged tax

That's not a thing...
dcx_badass2 m ago

That's not a thing...

It sounded so plausable though.
senukas18 m ago

If it is in your luggage then these goods are for personal consumption and …If it is in your luggage then these goods are for personal consumption and won't get charged tax

Only if value under £390, otherwise duty is payable and also VAT may be payable.

Read here
I wouldn't bother buying from HK, even with the exchange rate, it's still cheaper just to buy from the UK online shops.
Check the price for the component in for UK vs HK.
Then, you judge if you want to take the risk of loosing warranty.
jumbo-computer.com/pri…spx

IMO, CPU and RAM may worth consider as they are less likely to require returning
HellRazer50 m ago

I wouldn't bother buying from HK, even with the exchange rate, it's still …I wouldn't bother buying from HK, even with the exchange rate, it's still cheaper just to buy from the UK online shops.

UK component price still more expensive.
Stick them in your luggage, then unless you are unlucky you will pay nowt.
Cisco06060654 m ago

Check the price for the component in for UK vs HK. Then, you judge if you …Check the price for the component in for UK vs HK. Then, you judge if you want to take the risk of loosing warranty.http://www.jumbo-computer.com/pricelist.aspxIMO, CPU and RAM may worth consider as they are less likely to require returning

You are looking at the wrong website, this website shows HDD WD 2tb for $1350, I bought mine for $420. I also bought a kingston a400 240g for $345 and a razer blackwidow chroma V2 for $1160. I got all these prices from price.hk.com, and most products are normally 1 year warranty or more. Still cheaper than the UK
Pandamansays3 h, 16 m ago

Only if value under £390, otherwise duty is payable and also VAT may be …Only if value under £390, otherwise duty is payable and also VAT may be payable.Read here

Thanks for the help
Pandamansays3 h, 17 m ago

Only if value under £390, otherwise duty is payable and also VAT may be …Only if value under £390, otherwise duty is payable and also VAT may be payable.Read here

Does it matter if I keep it in its original packaging and maybe put it in my carry on luggage
GamingWith_Will17 m ago

Does it matter if I keep it in its original packaging and maybe put it in …Does it matter if I keep it in its original packaging and maybe put it in my carry on luggage

Discard the packaging, and if asked on return you say you took them with you.
Pandamansays5 h, 28 m ago

VAT on the full amount.
How much do you think you will save in total, assuming you don’t get caught?
How much are easy returns worth to you?
If you bring them back personally the chance of getting caught is extremely low, I'd just do it.
GamingWith_Will4 h, 52 m ago

You are looking at the wrong website, this website shows HDD WD 2tb for …You are looking at the wrong website, this website shows HDD WD 2tb for $1350, I bought mine for $420. I also bought a kingston a400 240g for $345 and a razer blackwidow chroma V2 for $1160. I got all these prices from price.hk.com, and most products are normally 1 year warranty or more. Still cheaper than the UK

i am not sure what item you are looking at. However
3.5" WD Blue WD20EZRZ 2TB SATA3 6Gb/s /64MB HDDHK$ 421
which airline you are taking?
I find that if you take indirect flight through EU city, there are less check on arrive
Cisco06060632 m ago

which airline you are taking?I find that if you take indirect flight …which airline you are taking?I find that if you take indirect flight through EU city, there are less check on arrive

Emirates
Oneday772 h, 38 m ago

How much do you think you will save in total, assuming you don’t get c …How much do you think you will save in total, assuming you don’t get caught?How much are easy returns worth to you?

I am saving around £100, also I have 1 year warranty so if anything does break i will be able return it since I will be coming back to HK in may or June.
GamingWith_Will1 h, 49 m ago

I am saving around £100, also I have 1 year warranty so if anything does …I am saving around £100, also I have 1 year warranty so if anything does break i will be able return it since I will be coming back to HK in may or June.

May/June that’s a long time to wait if you have any DOA parts.
Don't worry! As long you are not bringing a large amount of goods they won't be bothered.
Edited by: "gcmarcal" 27th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants