Groups

Computer Desk advice

I've been searching for days now for a computer desk. Ideally I'd like to pay around £70. I'd like the desk to have a pull out shelf for the keyboard and a couple of drawers, possibly black. Does anybody know a good place to look for these things?

8 Comments

Ikea, Argos, Office World, Viking Direct, Staples, and of course Amazon.

Ebay and gumtree local to you

Original Poster

Thanks. I actually just found one on Amazon. It's only £45.99. amazon.co.uk/gp/…1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484640992&sr=1-1π=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=homfa%2Bcomputer%2Bdesk&dpPl=1&dpID=41hB8dzhF7L&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

What do you guys think?

I'm sort of doing the same thing at the moment but I'm looking for some simple basically just keyboard and mouse but found getting a counter top from ikea and then legs looks a good bet. If you are looking make sure it's not paper filled or honeycomb. There's a top called gerton but it's 70 alone. Legs can be got for only an extra 10 though or fit to a corner with bits you have laying around

The pull out shelves appear handy in principle but I think they are never stable enough. I guess they could be if made very well.
    Edited by: "john52" 17th Jan

I built my own desk for £40 work top was £30 and the wood and screws where the rest

davidh22

I built my own desk for £40 work top was £30 and the wood and screws w … I built my own desk for £40 work top was £30 and the wood and screws where the rest

​all so you can put kitchen cabinets under it for space

I bought this
    My computer setup is on it, with my monitor to the right side, I have my little speakers on the table too and keyboard and mouse.
    When I want to do some work, I just push the keyboard away and mouse and I can fit around 2 Textbooks and a Writing book (All A4 size).
    However, there isn't really a lot of leg space, because my computer is sitting there. Definitely a no-no if you want your computer on your desk.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…33
      2. Advertised on Gumtree55
      3. Remortgaging to pay off debt89
      4. Cheapest new phone line install existing customer56

See more discussions