Computer dust cleaner?

I saw a few weeks back on here someone mentioned a anti static vacuum (or something like that) for a pc to clean all the dust out etc, I was wondering if anyone had the link to it via Amazon or just the name as from what I've heard it's better than just a plain old can of air

Any help is appreciated

11 Comments

can of air is a quid in pound land

Can of air I used. The independent pound shops used to sell them so I stocked up.

air is your best never use conventional vacuums
DataVac is around 80 quid

take it outside and use a can of air.

Can of air and cotton buds for the difficult to get too / stubborn fan dirt.

I vac my fans and filters with the PC plugged in but PSU off. Use canned air on GPUs etc, cotton buds and ESD brushes. Main point is to keep you and the PC grounded. You can't built up a charge if you're grounded.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies, I'll stick with using cans of air

Every time i use my can of compressed air, it sprays a fine liquid film on my electrical stuff ?

I got a air compressor from aldi usually come up every so often. ok costs you about 60 cans of air. but best investment ever. especially if you are running a expensive pc. my watercooled grill/radiator gets clogged up and I blast it out with air regular. Also comes in handy for other things like blowing out fluff from a condenser drier cobwebs ect.

Daytrader

Every time i use my can of compressed air, it sprays a fine liquid film … Every time i use my can of compressed air, it sprays a fine liquid film on my electrical stuff ?

Make sure you are holding the can upright, using it upside down or on its side can cause this. If still having issues you can get nozzles that attach to the cans that filter it out. Also, don't spray too close or for too long.

poison3k

Make sure you are holding the can upright, using it upside down or on its … Make sure you are holding the can upright, using it upside down or on its side can cause this. If still having issues you can get nozzles that attach to the cans that filter it out. Also, don't spray too close or for too long.

Good info, cheers, think thats where im going wrong, thx
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Parcel2go - missing parcel to italy33
    2. Random messages from a Mod called CUZZY33
    3. Where has the Freebies section gone ?23
    4. I think I'm being scammed on Paypal?913

See more discussions