Groups

computer error

Hi I would be extremly grateful if somebody could tell me why I keep losing my internet connection.I am not very well up on computers,and the jargon they use.So if anyone could tell me in plain english what is wrong or what I have to do I will be most grateful.Thanks

11 Comments

More info will be needed I'm sure!

a hell of a lot more information!

Internet Service Provider (ISP)? e.g. Sky, BT, AOL

Router or Modem?

Hard Wired or Wireless connection?

Have you checked another PC that is on the network (if possible)?

Have you done anything since it was last known to be working?

Phone up ISP (see above) and check that they havent got problems.

My crystal ball tells me you need to wiggle some wires....

Or turn everything off and start again.

Losing your connection - Is it going online at all? What is happening? Any error messages?

awsum, ask a question, then dont reply.

dont know why i bother

mugglesquop;4393129

awsum, ask a question, then dont reply.dont know why i bother

Maybe she's gone offline, it's as though she is having problems with her internet connection or something. :whistling:

Download_Dave;4393159

Maybe she's gone offline, it's as though she is having problems with her … Maybe she's gone offline, it's as though she is having problems with her internet connection or something. :whistling:

Or doing some paid work,,,

Download_Dave;4393159

Maybe she's gone offline, it's as though she is having problems with her … Maybe she's gone offline, it's as though she is having problems with her internet connection or something. :whistling:

:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Really sorry about that I could not get a connection.I have virgin (which I rang and they said no problems)A modem.hard wired connection.When it happens it says either connection error or timed out.Thanks

its a virgin thing - mine disconnects like yours a couple or more times a night - ive tried a different router but it still does it - im tied with virgin until end of september then im going o go back to bt - i never had any problems with them but virgin gave me a really good deal and it was already at this property when we moved in - but im not happy with the service so will definitely change (we have tried everything including talking to 'the experts')
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764285
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2232
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846188
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31149

See more discussions