Groups

Computer hacking

Does anyone else think that the way people hack computers in TV and films is stupid. They are also able to do pretty amazing things like control satellites and stuff.

7 Comments

No

/thread

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

are you saying you believe the other things that happen in films ?

Yeah. Don't you?

I have a cracking Hackers disc,but it does not let me stop the ball on the Number 32 on William hill Roulette...I'm still working on it.

Lets face it, Gary McKinnon hacked into the USA armed forces security system.

Original Poster

patience_1

Lets face it, Gary McKinnon hacked into the USA armed forces security … Lets face it, Gary McKinnon hacked into the USA armed forces security system.

Yeah, but I bet he never had guis appearing all over the place. Fancy graphics whizzing across the screen and it took him more than twenty seconds.

Gary McKinnon just wrote a script (perl I think?) to test for default user/pass combinations on an IP range, then logged in. Not really rocket science.

Hacking is usually unrealistic in films. The hacking shown in the matrix is probably about the best I can remember.

With most computers using Anti-Virus software of some kind it is increasingly difficult to hack.

Sadly the William Hill flash application is rigged and the values are sent by the webserver and merely displayed in a nice format in flash. Even if you could get it to stop on a specific number you would not win.

Banned

dungavel

[quote=patience_1] Lets face it, Gary McKinnon hacked into the USA armed … [quote=patience_1] Lets face it, Gary McKinnon hacked into the USA armed forces security system.

Yeah, but I bet he never had guis appearing all over the place. Fancy graphics whizzing across the screen and it took him more than twenty seconds.[/quote

Command line isn't as cinematic as a gui and even then they're not overly exciting either but at least 99% of the audience might understand it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044563
      2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1817
      3. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767410

See more discussions