Groups

Computer help..

How do you find the temporary files stored on your computer. (you can tell im completely useless when it comes to computers).

Also my avast is showing that there is a trojan trying to attack my system how do i remove this?

14 Comments

Banned

what operating system?

Original Poster

windows xp

C:\WINDOWS\Temp

Put that in your internet browser and press enter if your using XP with IE.

Banned

temp files are stored in various places (e.g internet temp files, windows temp files, install temp files)

why do you want to know?

Original Poster

cos avast is saying that the trojan is through the temp files so want to get rid of them

Banned

install carp cleaner is you want to delete redundant files

filehippo.com/dow…er/

and change your browser so that it empties the internet cache / temp files everytime you close your browser.

na use steve goulds clean up !

Banned

geedub;3759867

na use steve goulds clean up !

wtf? :w00t::?

csiman;3759930

wtf? :w00t::?

? wtf your self ? its a great app for xp , its even highly recommended on PCPitstop for the noobs

If avast has detected the trojan should it not have dealt with it as well?

Check your virus scanner is up-to-date then run a full scan.

Download a recommended spyware scanner and run that.

Make sure you have an up-to-date firewall.

Consider installing the Firefox browser with noScript installed if you think you may be getting viruses from suspect websites.

csiman;3757496

install carp cleaner is you want to delete redundant … install carp cleaner is you want to delete redundant fileshttp://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/and change your browser so that it empties the internet cache / temp files everytime you close your browser.

anyway he isnt trying to clean fish !

btw if he doesnt have a clue about pc's then i recommend a trip to pcpitstop !

Banned

warning dont mess with the temp folder- u will get many probs.........

use the actual av program to delete the virus rather than going directly to temp

Banned

geedub;3760042

anyway he isnt trying to clean fish !btw if he doesnt have a clue about … anyway he isnt trying to clean fish !btw if he doesnt have a clue about pc's then i recommend a trip to pcpitstop !

It was to get around the swear filter - DOH! :whistling:

Banned

Ungreat;3760035

If avast has detected the trojan should it not have dealt with it as … If avast has detected the trojan should it not have dealt with it as well?Check your virus scanner is up-to-date then run a full scan.Download a recommended spyware scanner and run that.Make sure you have an up-to-date firewall.Consider installing the Firefox browser with noScript installed if you think you may be getting viruses from suspect websites.

Top advice :thumbsup:

Dont use IE. Has too many security flaws and most hackers try to exploit this browser more than any other. Oh, and its rubbish too.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?914
      2. Sad news about Barcelona26113
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…11

See more discussions