Groups

Computer Help

Sorry computer novice alert; ages ago someone told me how i could find out what my harddrive did, by typing something in dos prompt; anyone know how i am selling it and want to out the bumph in the description.
    Thanks NIkki

9 Comments

You mean find out your total Harddrive space?

Do you mean how big it is? Most information can be obtained by right clicking 'My Computer' or 'Computer' and choose 'Properties' ro find information out about your set up.

Original Poster

Well what info will i need if i am selling a harddrive; will i need procesing speed, space etc?
    And the CD/RW/DVDRW

To find out total memory space, go to my Computer, and right click the relevant drive like C: and select properties, and it will display how much space it has

nikkipink;6155305

Well what info will i need if i am selling a harddrive; will i need … Well what info will i need if i am selling a harddrive; will i need procesing speed, space etc?And the CD/RW/DVDRW

Right click on the My Computer icon on the desktop then click properties....:)

Banned

start > control panel > device manager, that will tell you what bits you got in it

nikkipink;6155305

Well what info will i need if i am selling a harddrive; will i need … Well what info will i need if i am selling a harddrive; will i need procesing speed, space etc?And the CD/RW/DVDRW

If you are selling a complete PC or laptop they need to know:

Make and model of PC

Roughly how old it is

CPU type and speed

Amount of memory (RAM)

Hard disk size

CD/DVD drive type (CD rewriteable? or DVD rewriteable?)

Windows version and release (and do you have recovery CD)

Any other major software included (MS Office, Anti virus etc)

Size of monitor (if desktop if included)

Details of speakers, mouse, keyboard (if desktop if included)

this data can be found in device manager or boot to system set up (normally F2 or F8) there will be a prompt during the boot process

mcallim7;6155578

this data can be found in device manager or boot to system set up … this data can be found in device manager or boot to system set up (normally F2 or F8) there will be a prompt during the boot process

Windows provides a System Information program that is the best and easiest way to find out this information.

It is provided with all versions of Windows.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?1819
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1013
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767291
      4. Fifa 18 web app Now active.33

See more discussions