Groups

Computer Help

This is proberly very obvious but i have absolutley no idea when it comes to computers at all......

When i put a disc into the laptop it always says its a blank disc, I know its not though as ive looked at pics on the disc on another computer

so how do i fix it so it shows the pictures?

10 Comments

Banned

You need to finalise the disk on the computer that can see the pictures, right click the CD/DVD drive and click finalise or finish writing

Original Poster

where is the CD/DVD drive to click on?

click my computer it will show it in there.

thats your computer my computer , not my computer, as that would'nt work

Original Poster

when i do that it comes up with a little circle with a light going around it (i think its the timer thing to say comp is working) then comes up with not responding

Are you sure the files are not still waiting to be burned to disc on the other pc hence they show up in the cd drive.

Original Poster

no the disc is off my father in law and it contains my wedding pics that he took, ishould just put it in and view them

The disc needs to be finalized on the PC that the disc was created on,When you copy files to a disc the disc is left " Open " so you can add more files ,Sometimes this means the disc cannot be read on another computwer until the disc has been " Closed " or Finalized",

Original Poster

ah right, it plays through the xbox though??, is my laptop knackered or does it just need the disc closed?

nono2522;6756954

ah right, it plays through the xbox though??, is my laptop knackered or … ah right, it plays through the xbox though??, is my laptop knackered or does it just need the disc closed?

probably not anything wrong with laptop just that some discs play in some drives but not all unil they are finalised,

How old is the laptop?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. BT deal13
      2. What will £250 get me second hand mobile67
      3. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay913
      4. Beer experts help required!34

See more discussions