computer help needed from the IT services here at HUKD

10 replies
Found 28th Sep 2010
Recently my computer windows have been flashing/blinking. I dont know what this could mean but its intermittent... and as the video shows not all areas flash just certain programs and when i right click the box there too

my pc is doubtfully in warranty i have replaced the RAM, put a new hard drive in it and installed a bluray, anyone know if that voids the warranty, I havent broken any warranty seals

video in post 1 to help u see what i mean

10 Comments

first thing i'd start with is upgrading the video card drivers. Do you know what graphics card (aka video card) your PC has?

Original Poster

Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

its just shared graphics, I've updated it several times using the windows updates
Edited by: "golemsmate" 28th Sep 2010

done some googling and other posts on other forums keep saying it could be a video card issue but if you've tried different drivers then i'm not sure

someone did mention that disabling Autoplay fixed it (random!)

Original Poster

oldmanhouse

done some googling and other posts on other forums keep saying it could … done some googling and other posts on other forums keep saying it could be a video card issue but if you've tried different drivers then i'm not suresomeone did mention that disabling Autoplay fixed it (random!)

tried the autoplay one and it didnt work, I really dont want the video card breaking on me. I'd better back up my data lol

golemsmate

tried the autoplay one and it didnt work, I really dont want the video … tried the autoplay one and it didnt work, I really dont want the video card breaking on me. I'd better back up my data lol

You should really have a backup of your data anyway but if the graphics card did go then theres no reason why you would lose any of your data!

Banned

do a system restore to before it went wrong

some windows driver updates cause problems!

Banned

Not sure Phil

Silly question - have you checked that the lead is firmly connected at both ends (at the PC and at the monitor?)

dcx_badass

Try intel drivers instead.

This is a must always go direct: Intel
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Suggest tablet replacement for a Lenovo Yoga 2 8.022
    2. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?43
    3. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...88
    4. Driving anxiety.1517

See more discussions