Groups
    EXPIRED

Computer Help Needed Please!!

Hi, i've just brought a second pc and would like to share the current wireless connection of my exsisting pc. Now i don't know alot about computers but i think i might need a network card in each computer? and a cable (if anyone could tell me what it's called that would be great) to connect them both. If anyone could tell me exactly what i should do and the easist way to do it that would be most appreciated. Thanks

5 Comments

Assuming you have a wireless router you dont need any cables. Would will need a wireless card for your new PC (or a USB dongle) it will come with a set up disc which should guide you through how to set it up, if you have any security (WEP Key) etc on the network you will need to remember to input this into the wireless network settings on the new pc

If you already have a wireless router then all you need in each PC is either a wireless card or a wireless usb dongle, either of these will then be able to connect to the wireless router and get access to the internet.

Original Poster

cosmicdav3;4019285

Assuming you have a wireless router you dont need any cables. Would will … Assuming you have a wireless router you dont need any cables. Would will need a wireless card for your new PC (or a USB dongle) it will come with a set up disc which should guide you through how to set it up, if you have any security (WEP Key) etc on the network you will need to remember to input this into the wireless network settings on the new pc

Thanks, so the easiest way is to just get a wireless card for it? Will i be able to share/view my computer's contents with each other?

Alphaom8ga;4019332

Thanks, so the easiest way is to just get a wireless card for it? Will i … Thanks, so the easiest way is to just get a wireless card for it? Will i be able to share/view my computer's contents with each other?

Hooking both of them up to the router wont automatically allow you to share content, you are just using the router as a wireless internet access point using the method i described. I'm not too techy so I'll let someone else explain to you about drive and file sharing as I would most likely get it wrong!

Original Poster

cosmicdav3;4019362

Hooking both of them up to the router wont automatically allow you to … Hooking both of them up to the router wont automatically allow you to share content, you are just using the router as a wireless internet access point using the method i described. I'm not too techy so I'll let someone else explain to you about drive and file sharing as I would most likely get it wrong!

Ok, thanks for your help. Repped

______
    closed
    ______

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. How dangerous is Donald trump?32160
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846220
    3. RIP DOCTOR WHO34
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764317

See more discussions