Groups

Computer Help needed will this PSU power this Motherboard??

See below for links

12 Comments

Original Poster

here are the links
    ]Motherboard
    ]Case with PSU included

Basically i am confused because the motherboard requires a 24 pin connetor and the PSU has a 20+4 connection

will this power the motherboard?
    I just want to make sure before spending the money

A 20+4 connection will work. (The +4 cable is often attached to the 20 but can be detached.)

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/17-182-001-13.JPG

20+4 Connector

The PSU will power it but it's not a very powerful one, only 460W. What graphics card are you planning on using?

Original Poster

I am not too worried about the graphics card at the moment to be honest.
    thw one i am look at is this one here
    ]Grahpics card

Original Poster

djfluff;1854368

A 20+4 connection will work. (The +4 cable is often attached to the 20 … A 20+4 connection will work. (The +4 cable is often attached to the 20 but can be detached.)

thanks

rep added :thumbsup:

If you aren't fussed about a graphics card, there are some really good Motherbords with Onbord graphics that are good enough for a media centre... Have a look at the on in this thread ...
    hotukdeals.com/ite…r-l
    Or consider a Abit Fatal1ty F-I90HD, which is an intel 775 based bord. (I built a media centre with one, and it was stonking

DVS_Dee;1854685

The PSU will power it but it's not a very powerful one, only 460W. What … The PSU will power it but it's not a very powerful one, only 460W. What graphics card are you planning on using?

460W is fine for most systems, assuming it's a good quality PSU.

I don't think the motherboard uses up that much power comparatively, although the CPU uses quite a bit of energy.

Original Poster

i am getting the AMD athlon 64 x2 6400+

will this be alright?

Yes it'll be fine, but if in the future you plan on getting a high power graphics card you'll have to upgrade your PSU.

Should be OK as long as you don't stick 5 Hard drives & t dvd drives
    Try this, might help :
    carpc.kyferez.com/Too…php

It does'nt have your CPU (125W Max), but its handy to see how much power the other components require.

djfluff;1854953

If you aren't fussed about a graphics card, there are some really good … If you aren't fussed about a graphics card, there are some really good Motherbords with Onbord graphics that are good enough for a media centre... Have a look at the on in this thread ... http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/167942/build-a-high-def-media-centre-for-lOr consider a Abit Fatal1ty F-I90HD, which is an intel 775 based bord. (I built a media centre with one, and it was stonking

Lol dont even go there i returned a faulty f190hd to abit and guess what they sent me one with an entirely different fault lmao then binned it
    plus the abit 190 is runs v hot and doesnt do 1360*768 over the vga port, not suitable for a media center at all
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Find out how good your GP surgery is55
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio711
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6541246
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917259

See more discussions