Groups

computer help please

my computer is running quite slow, some of the pages are unresponsive, any advice please, no sarky comments though please it isnt a good time for me at the moment lol !

35 Comments

more info please.... which pages...

you have tried running any anti-virus or spy ware software to see if tht finds a problem

Original Poster

any pages it can freeze or go slow

Original Poster

my anti virus is bitfender and its pretty good, as you can tell i am a female who hasnt got a clue about computers

internet pages? any in particular?

Have you ran a speed test to see if your internet speeds are ok? They might be a issue with your connection thats making it slow

Original Poster

my sons computer upstairs is ok

bargainhunter5;4018044

my anti virus is bitfender and its pretty good, as you can tell i am a … my anti virus is bitfender and its pretty good, as you can tell i am a female who hasnt got a clue about computers

Just be on the safe side, update the software & run it to see if it finds any problems

Original Poster

hukdeals for one lol, ebay, they are all slow

Are you connected to the router with wires or wireless?

Clear you cache and temp internet files... then try ctrl alt delete and click processes and see how many are running... looks out for processes using lots of memory...

Original Poster

thank you

Original Poster

mrfun1981;4018070

Are you connected to the router with wires or wireless?

wires

are the pages only related to when you try to view on the internet , try a new home page like msm as it could be your suppliers internet page ,this has happened to me went on for about 2 weeks then got better also check your internet conection speed link below hope this helps .

mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/

Original Poster

thanks so much cant believe i am in tears over such a trivial thing lol mind you not a good week as its a week on thursday my mum passed away so silly things are getting to me, thanks again everyone x

Failing all this try running Internet Explorer without add-ons... right click desktop icon and choose the option... could be a dodgy addon

bargainhunter5;4018142

thanks so much cant believe i am in tears over such a trivial thing lol … thanks so much cant believe i am in tears over such a trivial thing lol mind you not a good week as its a week on thursday my mum passed away so silly things are getting to me, thanks again everyone x

Sorry to hear about your loss

dont worrie about it, im used to family members calling me up with PC problems. Are things working ok now or are they still slow?

bargainhunter5;4018142

thanks so much cant believe i am in tears over such a trivial thing lol … thanks so much cant believe i am in tears over such a trivial thing lol mind you not a good week as its a week on thursday my mum passed away so silly things are getting to me, thanks again everyone x

Please don't think you have to you have to feel any different than you do.Take care and look after yourself and the family xx:friends:

Original Poster

aww thank you so much everyone going to try a few things you all suggested, i ran a virus check and no virus found, just going to get the 3 kids tea and will be back thanks again xx

You have my condolences xxxx my Mum passed away in April so i know how you feel.

Get a malware/spyware removal tool. It sounds like you have a trojan or some malware.

Get this SuperAntiSpyware from ]here - download, install, update the program and scan. It will take over an hour as an estimate - but you will probably find it removes a bunch of stuff. End results, faster browsing.

Good luck.

You could try another browser like ]Firefox

After reading this i thought i'd run Adaware,not run it for ages,170 infections detected so far:w00t:

Also ccleaner is pretty good :

ccleaner.com/

Original Poster

deb8z;4018569

You have my condolences xxxx my Mum passed away in April so i know how … You have my condolences xxxx my Mum passed away in April so i know how you feel.

condolences to you too it was a bit of a shock mum as she wasnt ill just died of a massive stroke she was only 62 so thought she had a good few more years yet bless her x

Thats what happened to my Mum too bargainhunter,makes it so much worse doesn't it,she died in her sleep and my Dad couldn't wake her up in the morning,they said it was heart failure.

Original Poster

deb8z;4019282

Thats what happened to my Mum too bargainhunter,makes it so much worse … Thats what happened to my Mum too bargainhunter,makes it so much worse doesn't it,she died in her sleep and my Dad couldn't wake her up in the morning,they said it was heart failure.

hugs to you x

Original Poster

well fingers x computer seems to be running alot faster now, thank you again x

bargainhunter5;4019326

well fingers x computer seems to be running alot faster now, thank you … well fingers x computer seems to be running alot faster now, thank you again x

Glad to hear it working ok now. If you get anymore problems post back & im sure someone will be able to help you

I've done somet wrong,when i ran Adaware before i couldnt quarantine anything,then it disappeared off my screen so running the scan again and its detecting stuff,what did i do wrong before,how do ya quarantine etc ?

Its ok,ive sorted it now.

john-boy;4018894

Also ccleaner is pretty good :http://www.ccleaner.com/

This is excellent.

Everyone should have it and run it regularly.

It is totally free, very effective, safe and recommended everywhere.

Go for it. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thats what i used ccleaner and it is running faster so thanks again x, how often should it be run when you say run regularly ?

bargainhunter5;4022474

thats what i used ccleaner and it is running faster so thanks again x, … thats what i used ccleaner and it is running faster so thanks again x, how often should it be run when you say run regularly ?

About once a week should be fine.

I'm glad you seem happier!

Lots of people on here will be wishing you well. x x :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks renard x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1644
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764445
      3. Anyone else used www.completesavings.co.uk32
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1425

See more discussions