Groups

Computer help please.

Hi,
    All of a sudden when I am online and switch from one site to another some web pages open in the bottom tool bar. They are things like "Win £500 of Tesco vouchers" ect. They all seem to have the same multi coloured logo in the corner. I would like to stop them as after a short time as many as 10 may have opened. I have done My best in trying to explain this problem but please accept my appologies if I have not explained it too well!
    Mike.

9 Comments

Try closing your windows and clearing all the cookies,browsing history,temporary internet files,etc.Works for me.

Or is your "pop-up blocker" turned off?
    I.E. : Tools>pop-up blocker>on/off ...or the settings

Original Poster

Just tried your suggestions but still no success in stopping them! Thanks for your efforts anyway.
    Mike.

mikelamb;5127850

Just tried your suggestions but still no success in stopping them! Thanks … Just tried your suggestions but still no success in stopping them! Thanks for your efforts anyway. Mike.

You installed malwarebytes and superantispyware?

Did you update both and run full scans?

I use ]Spybot S+D (Free) , may be spyware / adware installed on your system, if the above software didn't work try this. You need to install it, update and scan your system, remove any problems found.

adaware will rid you of these things make sure there's not a program been installed in add and remove programs as sometimes they become installed with something you may have downloaded clear your temporary Internet files and cache run your antispyware from inside safemode so these programs are not loaded also check task manager processes for stuff you dont recognize if your unsure of an entry google it before killing process tree as it will lock your PC.

Original Poster

Just carried out a system restore and so far so good!

Use a decent browser such as Firefox.
    ]http//en…ts/
    and use CCleaner to clear all those cookies every so often
    ]http//ww…om/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767302
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1628
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2664
      4. word survey1013

See more discussions