Groups

Computer Help please

I am doing a power point presentation but when i try to save it says power point is unable to open or save this document.Please ensure you have access previlages to read or write the document and that is not encrypted
    Help please
    Thanks

12 Comments

when you go to save it save it as a different name

Original Poster

I tried it but wount save

ok was just a qwk long shot, right first of all are you loged in as administrator? 2nd is it an exsiting doc or a new one?

Original Poster

Yes i have logged in as administrator and it is is an existing documents ammended

ok, right mouse click on the doc go to propitiys and make sure that read only isnt ticked

Original Poster

Archive is only ticked

ok when you go to save as what does "save as type" say ?

Original Poster

Same, power point is unable to open or save this document.Please ensure you have access previlages to read or write the document and that is not encrypted

I've seen this before I think...

Type the EXACT error message you get into Google for the result - You might need to repair Powerpoint/reg key.

funcool;6890161

Same, power point is unable to open or save this document.Please ensure … Same, power point is unable to open or save this document.Please ensure you have access previlages to read or write the document and that is not encrypted

ok well im sorry im out of ideas it would be a case of id have to see and try a few thing sorry i cant help anymore.

Original Poster

Thanks

i got an idea.........

open a new powerpoint (while your existing one is minimised) then simply copy all the stuff from your powerpoint onto the new blank one and then try and save it.

hope you dont have tons of slides

it might be long but atleast you wont loose everything.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64511
      2. Win A Galaxy Note 8 With Caseology & AndroidHeadlines *** ENDS TODAY ***11
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1122
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55

See more discussions