Groups

computer help please anyone

When inserting a cd or dvd into my laptop it is going round & making all the right sounds but is not playing. Have windows media player installed but it is not recognising it. Have updated all drivers and still nothing. Can anybody help me thanks. Tried different cds's & dvd's.

Speakers are working as other sounds & you tube clips working.

9 Comments

Have you tried a lens cleaner?

If it used to work and all the drivers are up to date then it's probably just knackered. If that's the case it's not a disaster, you can pick up an external usb one for just over £20.

Also can you see any files at all after you insert the disc into the drive in windows explorer?

Original Poster

it s not recognising disc drawer keeps opening and telling me to insert disc

switch off the laptop and then unscrew the dvd drive

mean unscrew it and then fit it properly and then screw it ..it worked i had a toshiba

or uninstall the driver files and then download the latest driver files and then re-install - incase of win7 it checks the region code for dvd 's

If you can't see any files and you've tried several clean, unscratched discs, then I think it's a lens / laser issue so just fugetaboutit as deek72 says go the external way. If you don't want to take the external everywhere you go, you can make images of the cds you want to cart around and mount them in a virtual drive.

Original Poster

boabbyrab - thanks for that has fixed some of problem and other relating to different things but still ot playing cd's think I need a new player!!!! Great site though
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need help with home Internet dropping out please22
      2. Anyone got a spare Argos 10% code from the Xbox Minecraft mistake?56
      3. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay78
      4. Jury service69

See more discussions