Computer help pleeease - what RAM do i need?

I've got a HP Pavillion dv9000 (or Dv9823Ea i think...). I've currently got 3gb RAM and want to boost it up to 4gb, just because i can.

Do you know if because i have 3gb RAM, i'll need to take out 1gb and replace with a new 2gb? or is it better to buy the whole 4gb??

i've replaced/added RAM a couple of times in the past so i know how to do it - it's just a matter of knowing what to buy. i used Crucial.com for the system scanner, but it wasn't very useful (couldn't complete scann...)

any help appreciated and i can, or at least will try, to answer any other questions if needed.

cheers

Spud

9 Comments

you've only got 2 slots so it'll need to be 2x2gb sticks.

up to you whether the performance boost gained by buying matched pairs is worth it or not.

Windows will only recognise 4GB RAM if you have Vista 64-bit.

Banned

suspended???

Yep agree with Porter above ...adding the extra 1gb to make it 4gb will make sod all difference !

http://pontiphex.com/images/funny-pictures-robo-ram.jpg

Original Poster

grex's info wasn't so bad that he should be suspended was it???

Banned

the spudgun;4084390

grex's info wasn't so bad that he should be suspended was it???

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Epic post!

Original Poster

oooh, i was about to compliment him on a great avater - naked peter griffin...but it's a cartoon!

Original Poster

Mecoconuts;4084350

Yep agree with Porter above ...adding the extra 1gb to make it 4gb will … Yep agree with Porter above ...adding the extra 1gb to make it 4gb will make sod all difference !

well, i'm glad this was of use to me....forget it, i'll get a couple of apple-tini's at the bar instead eh
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764026
    2. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1413
    3. PS4 Beta Software Version 511
    4. Better watch out for these...1017

See more discussions