Groups

Computer help pretty please....

When i am sent a pic etc on MSN messenger, i accept then it says You have successfully received ******** from *****, well when i try to click the link to view the pic, its saying this...

Windows has the following information about this file type. This page will help you find software needed to open your file.

File Type: JPEG Image file

File Extension: .jpg

Description: This document is a graphic image. Microsoft Paint which comes with Windows can open this file.

Software or information available at:
    Adobe Photoshop
    CorelDRAW
    IrfanView32
    LView Pro
    Microsoft Digital Imaging Pro

You may search the following Web site for related software and information:

Search the web.

Any help would be great, i ain't done anything different, but maybe my baby has!!!
    Thanks guys.

8 Comments

Does it display the same when you go into My Documents > My Received Files and then click to view the image?

Original Poster

Same it says windows cannot open this file. To open this file windows needs to know what program you want to open it with. Go online to look up automatically or manually select from a list on comp.
    What do you want to do?
    Use the web service to find program
    or
    select a program from a list installed....
    When i click the web option thats what im getting the message as in OP.

In my received files, right click the image and go to Open With > Choose default program

XP Should be Windows Picture & Fax viewer (or something like that)

Vista should be Windows photo gallery

Then tick 'always use this program' Then OK

Do you get the option to use either of those?

select a program from a list installed....

It's essentially that.

Lulu'sMammy;5545869

Same it says windows cannot open this file. To open this file windows … Same it says windows cannot open this file. To open this file windows needs to know what program you want to open it with. Go online to look up automatically or manually select from a list on comp. What do you want to do?Use the web service to find programorselect a program from a list installed....When i click the web option thats what im getting the message as in OP.

click on 'select program from the list' and select whatever they used to open in (probably windows picture and fax viewer). Then put a tick in the box that says 'always use this program to perform this action' (or worded something similar)

Original Poster

emasu;5545894

In my received files, right click the image and go to Open With Choose … In my received files, right click the image and go to Open With > Choose default programXP Should be Windows Picture & Fax viewer (or something like that)Vista should be Windows photo galleryThen tick 'always use this program' Then OKDo you get the option to use either of those?It's essentially that.

emi;5545900

click on 'select program from the list' and select whatever they used to … click on 'select program from the list' and select whatever they used to open in (probably windows picture and fax viewer). Then put a tick in the box that says 'always use this program to perform this action' (or worded something similar)

I could snog you too, cheers guys! Will leave rep when i've finished my tea x

Lulu'sMammy;5545917

I could snog you too, cheers guys! Will leave rep when i've finished my … I could snog you too, cheers guys! Will leave rep when i've finished my tea x

If I'd have known that was involved I'd would have helped out!:p

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;5545950

If I'd have known that was involved I'd would have helped out!:p

You're meaning the rep? Lol

Lulu'sMammy;5545966

You're meaning the rep? Lol

Yes if you say so!:roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4562133
      2. Sky Fibre Max11
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764687
      4. Samsung Note 8914

See more discussions