Groups

Computer Help - Right click but the properties window doesn't come up.

Like it says, for a few times now the right click button on my laptop doesn't work. I found out the only way to fix it (temporarily) is by restarting the computer. It gets especially annoying when I want to open new webpages in a tab, not seperate window. Anyone knows why this happens?

6 Comments

as a temp. workaround, if you hold down key whilst clicking a hyperlink you will open in a new tab

as for the problem, can you definitly discount hardware fault - i.e. does it always work when the computer first boots?

sounds like the button needs cleaning, suggest getting a usb mouse, cheap enough, only a couple of quid at pcworld. unless a good overhaul of the laptop is what you want, if still under warrenty get them to do it, if not there are plenty of sites out there giving a how to for just about any laptop out there

Mecoconuts;4701272

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/restoreproperties.regIf fixing … http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/restoreproperties.regIf fixing the reg key above don't fix it then it could be ur hardware !

that wouldnt really explain an intermittent issue though would it?

Original Poster

I don't think the button's stuck because after restarting everything works fine, but it's very puzzling as well mhy this happens. Most of the time it happens after some time I open the computer - maybe half a day. I want to say hardware but I don't know if that's accurate enough. I'm not sure it's virus because I keep my system up to date at all times.

Weird, I'm hoping for some explanations, but for now thanks for the tab advice!

Maybe anyone has a theory?

you could trying running in safe mode with all startup apps disabled and see if it still happens - it *could* be something spyware or malware that is kicking in at some point in the day
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49395
      2. Find out how good your GP surgery is1111
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism46
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846214

See more discussions