Groups
    EXPIRED

Computer nerds needed>>>HERE<<<Joining split .iso files together(How do you do it)

I am trying to join 3 .iso files together to make 1 complete .iso file.

I have been advised to use the cmd box, and put this line in:

copy /b part1.iso+part2.iso+part3.iso filename.iso

This doesn't seem to work, all I get is "The system cannot find the file specified" is there a program that will do this for me?

I have the 3 files in a folder together, where should I place the folder, or does it not matter?

19 Comments

That should work make sure when doing this you go to the directory it is in in command prompt

Put the folder in c: drive and navigate to this in cmd using

cd\
    cd (name of folder)

why not try magic iso or something like that?
    Not sure if that will deffinetly help you though.
    Also, it does depend on what sort of ISO files you have, if they are for certain formats they may no longer work once they have been split, not entirely sure, sorry.
    Hope thats of (some little ) help,

Mike..

Why not just extract them all to a folder, then make a new iso.

make a virtual drive?

can you open it with WinRar?

Original Poster

om4r;4549343

That should work make sure when doing this you go to the directory it is … That should work make sure when doing this you go to the directory it is in in command promptPut the folder in c: drive and navigate to this in cmd using cd\cd (name of folder)

Sorry, you are talking to a complete novice here. Can you put it in real simple terms.
    I get the same error when I get to cd filename

MikeBeaver;4549352

why not try magic iso or something like that?Not sure if that will … why not try magic iso or something like that?Not sure if that will deffinetly help you though.Also, it does depend on what sort of ISO files you have, if they are for certain formats they may no longer work once they have been split, not entirely sure, sorry.Hope thats of (some little ) help,Mike..

I will have a look at that, but wouldn't want to go to all the trouble of installing something that then doesn't work

deathtrap3000;4549365

Can you extract from an .iso? When I highlight them all, and then right click "Extract files" I get an error, what option should I be choosing?

snowtiger;4549384

http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253206

Thanks, but that is how to create an .iso, I need to join them.

vengod;4549431

make a virtual drive?

Seems complicated, I cannot get a simple 1 line command to work, so a virtual drive(Whatever that is) is way to advanced.

deathtrap3000;4549365

That's what I'd go for unless there is an aspect of the iso's that doesn't allow this.

John

There is, of course, a very simple answer to this question. Saint, if you promise not to spam / expire / report / sht on anyone trying to do something good for a week, I'll tell it to you.

LOL...

Lets say you called the foler ISO and put it in c: drive in cmd you need to do

Cd\
    cd ISO
    then press enter
    now you should be able to use that command

copy /b part1.iso+part2.iso+part3.iso filename.iso

download power iso or magic iso from your sources, and use that. It will make the whole process much easier! Once you have installed that software, it lets you open .iso files, and also create virtual drives on your pc. This means, it use some of your hard drive space to pretend it's a disk drive, then you can mount an image file, in this case .iso on to one of those fake drives. This then acts like you have put the cd in a drive.

Under my computer, you will then have an H: drive, A J: drive and so on. You can mount and unmount images (.iso) files to these.

or use nero, etc to burn these individual disk images to disk...

Original Poster

om4r;4549590

LOL...Lets say you called the foler ISO and put it in c: drive in cmd you … LOL...Lets say you called the foler ISO and put it in c: drive in cmd you need to doCd\cd ISOthen press enternow you should be able to use that command

[SIZE="3"]Woo hoo[/SIZE]

I have done it, don't know if it has worked, but I think it might have. I will burn it to check.

Johnmcl7;4549571

That's what I'd go for unless there is an aspect of the iso's that … That's what I'd go for unless there is an aspect of the iso's that doesn't allow this.John

Not sure, but when I try and extract from the iso, I get an error prompt.

dxx;4549587

There is, of course, a very simple answer to this question. Saint, if you … There is, of course, a very simple answer to this question. Saint, if you promise not to spam / expire / report / sht on anyone trying to do something good for a week, I'll tell it to you.

Thanks for the offer, if you were here 10 minutes earlier, I would've accepted.

brb...

...Spamming threads.

thesaint;4549666

Thanks for the offer, if you were here 10 minutes earlier, I would've … Thanks for the offer, if you were here 10 minutes earlier, I would've accepted.brb......Spamming threads.

Ah well, that's a start I suppose. Enjoy yourself spamming.

Mods, solution found, please expire thank you

thesaint;4549666

Not sure, but when I try and extract from the iso, I get an error prompt.

What are you using to extract the iso?

John

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, I am burning it now, and hopefully it will work.
    I will try some of the other methods suggested, and see which one is best.

Johnmcl7;4549740

What are you using to extract the iso?John

When I right click on a file, I only have one option to "Extract here", and that's winrar.

I get an error, and it says "No archives found".

Original Poster

Quick update:

Burnt it to DVD, and It works perfectly, thanks again for all your help.

noob

lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions