Computer Ram

Posted 6th Feb
Hey all,

So I am looking to add an additional 4gb ram to my very slow laptop. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should buy best on these specs please?

Thank you

Hp 15-bw067sa

3402163-e9k36.jpg3402163-xx7Jo.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Doesn't that model have a (slow) mechanical harddrive? If so, possibly ask for opinion if the cost of a RAM upgrade may be more beneficially spent on your preferred size of silly-fast SSD, combined with optionally spending £5 on a USB3 enclosure for the removed mechanical drive that can then be used as portable / backup storage.
Get an SSD.
Im using 2 Integral SSD and 1 Crucial.
Laptop boots and Im online in 90 seconds.
With HDD it took 5 mins at least.
Its 10 plus years old.
SSD mate.

I could never go back to mechanical HDD
HP says it's using DDR4-1866 so you want another stick of that (or faster DDR4). It's almost certainly using the SODIMM rather than DIMM form factor.

support.hp.com/gb-…538
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 6th Feb
Get a second hand 4GB DDR4 laptop RAM from CEX.
Take it back to shop if it is not working.
uk.webuy.com/pro…ory

Also, grab a 240GB or 480GB SSD
Cisco06060606/02/2020 17:34

Get a second hand 4GB DDR4 laptop RAM from CEX.Take it back to shop if it …Get a second hand 4GB DDR4 laptop RAM from CEX.Take it back to shop if it is not working.https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?id=smem4g21331&categoryName=ddr4-laptop-260-pin&superCatName=computing&title=4-gb-pc17000-ddr4-2133mhz-260-pin-memoryAlso, grab a 240GB or 480GB SSD

Will this ram be 100% compatible? Definitely going to get another ssd. Would you all recommend replacing the current hdd or use a USB converter?
ElusiveJim106/02/2020 17:42

Will this ram be 100% compatible? Definitely going to get another ssd. …Will this ram be 100% compatible? Definitely going to get another ssd. Would you all recommend replacing the current hdd or use a USB converter?

You want to replace the existing HDD inside your laptop with a SSD. You can then use the old HDD that you've removed as extra storage by putting it inside a USB caddy.
ElusiveJim106/02/2020 17:42

Will this ram be 100% compatible? Definitely going to get another ssd. …Will this ram be 100% compatible? Definitely going to get another ssd. Would you all recommend replacing the current hdd or use a USB converter?

System scanner tool is good from here..
uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/advisor

And definitely would go for ssd, transforms a computer.
Edited by: "colinged" 6th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants