Found 14th Oct 2010
trying to reformat my pc i put the recovery disc in and nothing happens i thought it would boot on its own and do the business if i go into my computer and open the disc manually i have loads of files and have not got a clue, can any one advice me how to get this disc running to do the sytem reset please

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
6 Comments

Original Poster

do i have to do something in dos mode????

If you're trying to boot to the disc you might need to change the boot preferences in the BIOS, as it will just boot to the hard drive (if It's that way in the preferences)

Original Poster

the disc will restore the pc to how it was when i brought it so need to get it to boot but at the moment it wont how do i get it to boot do you know????
thanks

sancho1983

If you're trying to boot to the disc you might need to change the boot … If you're trying to boot to the disc you might need to change the boot preferences in the BIOS, as it will just boot to the hard drive (if It's that way in the preferences)

shamus1975

the disc will restore the pc to how it was when i brought it so need to … the disc will restore the pc to how it was when i brought it so need to get it to boot but at the moment it wont how do i get it to boot do you know????thanks

Go into your BIOS and make sure your machine is set to boot from the CD/DVD drive rather than the hard drive. You could also try pressing F12 during boot which on some machines will give you a boot option screen.

If not you will have to press delete and change the order preferences in the BIOS, can't remember which section It's in, even though i did it last night...

Original Poster

sorted now cheers guys
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best 4k tv's for gaming11
    2. Christmas presents510
    3. Mobile phone advice33
    4. Anyone know of any budget laptops which charge through USB-C?55

See more discussions