Groups

computer scan results

I virus scanned my computer for the first time in a year and already I found three spybot worms, 7 backdoor trojans and about 20 spyware and addware programs, I was shocked. I will definatelly scan more often!

11 Comments

Do be aware that some anti-malware programs do tend to mark a lot of relatively harmless stuff as malware.

Trojans do sound bad though

Original Poster

Yer they can control your system... bit scary I think

what anti virus program are you using?.....there may be more :-(

Do you have any "extended trial" programmes installed? The cracks sometimes show as trojans due to the way they work so give false negatives.

Original Poster

Norton anti-virus, the newest one.

Original Poster

And, no.

glensymes;3407751

Norton anti-virus, the newest one.

AVG or Avast are better (and Free too). you could try something like :

housecall.trendmicro.com/

(online Virus scanner). Plus, if you're not already using it - Firefox (flashblock, noscript and adblock extensions here) or Opera are recommended.

Original Poster

Ill give than a go cheers, +rep!

Worst is the fake virus checker stuff.

Both my older brother and my dad have had laptops go bad lately with multiple memory raping popups claiming viruses detected and scan started for fake virus software. They seem incapable of keeping their stuff safe and just dump it on me when it all goes bad.

Weirdly although both computers exhibited similar symptoms they both had different viruses from different sources.

Original Poster

Ive only ever relied on the proven virus checkers, like norton.

Banned

harlzter;3407745

Do you have any "extended trial" programmes installed? The cracks … Do you have any "extended trial" programmes installed? The cracks sometimes show as trojans due to the way they work so give false negatives.

A false negative? lol :-D:thumbsup:

Its not the medical terminology, its the computer term., so its reversed, a false positive
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31136
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio33
      3. What do these 2 men have in common69
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846164

See more discussions