Groups

computer security?

ok i just know the basics about computers what security do i REALLY need?
    my windows security centre says :
    firewall on
    automatic updates on
    security settings ok
    malware protection check settings then says
    virus protection out of date
    spyware and other malware protection on

does it really matter that my virus protection is out of date?

8 Comments

use AVGfree, as it says, its free always upto date, ive been using it for about 5yrs

Original Poster

have you got a link cause when i went through aol recommends it was only free for 30 days trail

wickedteen;4252739

use AVGfree, as it says, its free always upto date, ive been using it for … use AVGfree, as it says, its free always upto date, ive been using it for about 5yrs

for sure :thumbsup:

also i recommend spybot search and destroy for spy/malware

and that is all you really need

bellows;4252788

have you got a link cause when i went through aol recommends it was only … have you got a link cause when i went through aol recommends it was only free for 30 days trail

free.avg.com/dow…ion

spybot is also free
    safer-networking.org/en/…tml

to be honest if you know what not to click on you probably don't even need virus protection. i don't even keep virus protection installed on my main machine because i like to free up resources.. now and again i might install something and give my machine a scan, but rarely ever comes back with anything.

I have used all manner of anti-virus includin Norton, BitDefender, AVG, Kaspersky, but have found Avast! to be the easiest and lightest on the system resources.

]Click - Its FREE!

Original Poster

cheers rep left

bellows;4252788

have you got a link cause when i went through aol recommends it was only … have you got a link cause when i went through aol recommends it was only free for 30 days trail

they do a tria version of full product as well,best be safe than sorry

baconsandwich;4252814

to be honest if you know what not to click on you probably don't even … to be honest if you know what not to click on you probably don't even need virus protection. i don't even keep virus protection installed on my main machine because i like to free up resources.. now and again i might install something and give my machine a scan, but rarely ever comes back with anything.

bad idea, moments lapse of concentration and woops you've opened that email from bellows who currently has no protection!

as a general guide it is the knowledge involved that people need to get that is equally important, how to avoid etc just like road safety look once look twice etc
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions