Groups

computer suddenly shuts down. blue screen...WHY!??

these are the details

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: d1
    BCP1: 000000000000000A
    BCP2: 0000000000000002
    BCP3: 0000000000000000
    BCP4: FFFFF88002C64175
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\012311-24788-01.dmp
    C:\Users\peter\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-70746-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
    go.microsoft.com/fwl…409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

WTF is all this??????

38 Comments

Blue Screen Of Death!

Run, get out now...

Reinstall windows?

Original Poster

really?????????????

its only started doing it since yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try running malware bytes. Google it!

It's a really good anti virus program, which may detect a problem

Im not sure, ive not had this problem since win xp but maybe try doing a system restore. To before you started having the problem.

You don't need to reinstall windows, what a load if rubbish,have you I installed anything recently? Hardware etc, what os is it running?

You need to update to Froyo 2.2

Banned

put windows disc in and get it to boot from CD drive, that's how i fixed mine, then run scan disc.
    worked for me... good luck.

Because technology hates you and you alone.

SuperEd

HTC has a app for that

I would guestimate that it is a memory error, possibly hardware but maybe swap-file related

the cut and paste you put up mentions Dump Files - they contain more information

feel free to post them up here and that way someone (possibly me) may be able to assist further

re-installing Windows might fix the problem, but if its a hardware fault then all the re-installs in the world are not going to change that

Edited by: "CockneySpur" 23rd Jan 2011

Banned

Buy a Mac,

dcx_badass

He constantly asks questions and never comes back to say thanks, don't … He constantly asks questions and never comes back to say thanks, don't waste your time.

thanks for the heads up mate

I will give him one chance only - if I am giving my advice for free then a thanks is the least I expect, so if he don't say thanks to me then next time he can go and whistle

Did he write all that down when he got the error?

Met-Cast

Did he write all that down when he got the error?

good thinking

normally when you get a bluescreen it stays on the screen just long enough for it to write the mini-dumps to hard drive - and then it reboots

I smell a stinky rat

Its broke

Almost certainly hardware but if you are going to ask a question and then disappear whats the point,

CockneySpur

good thinking :)normally when you get a bluescreen it stays on the screen … good thinking :)normally when you get a bluescreen it stays on the screen just long enough for it to write the mini-dumps to hard drive - and then it rebootsI smell a stinky rat

But surely an error file would have been created

jonny619447

But surely an error file would have been created

but the file created would show more than the info given here

so unless the OP just decided to cut & paste part of the minidump, other suspicions are looking correct

I think I will leave well alone and suggest as someone else has done

Google is your friend

Edited by: "CockneySpur" 23rd Jan 2011

Original Poster

CockneySpur

I would guestimate that it is a memory error, possibly hardware but maybe … I would guestimate that it is a memory error, possibly hardware but maybe swap-file relatedthe cut and paste you put up mentions Dump Files - they contain more informationfeel free to post them up here and that way someone (possibly me) may be able to assist furtherre-installing Windows might fix the problem, but if its a hardware fault then all the re-installs in the world are not going to change that

thanks ill try this and cheers to everyone who has answered

Original Poster

CockneySpur

good thinking :)normally when you get a bluescreen it stays on the screen … good thinking :)normally when you get a bluescreen it stays on the screen just long enough for it to write the mini-dumps to hard drive - and then it rebootsI smell a stinky rat

i copied and pasted the error details when i managed to load windows. The blue screen only appears for a couple seconds and shuts down. Hasnt done it in a while after i cleaned the registry but i have my camera ready to take a pic of the screen when/if it does it again

Original Poster

souljacker

You don't need to reinstall windows, what a load if rubbish,have you I … You don't need to reinstall windows, what a load if rubbish,have you I installed anything recently? Hardware etc, what os is it running?

windows 7

peterjmay

windows 7

post your minidump file over on seven forums, the guys over there will tell you exactly whats causing it, they were very helpful when i was getting BSOD

sevenforums.com/cra…ng/

Original Poster

where do i get the minidump files?

It tells you in the first thread of the forum I linked to what to do

Original Poster

have posted there thnx

Peter

I apologise for doubting that you are genuine, what can I say - I am new here and have a lot to learn

good luck in finding out what is wrong with the PC - FWIW I am guessing a memory issue

as i said earlier...something you have just installed (_;)

For those interested it was because he installed PCTools Security Suite .
    It would also be a nice gesture if you returned to the forum and said thank you,

thearbiter65

Try running malware bytes. Google it!It's a really good anti virus … Try running malware bytes. Google it!It's a really good anti virus program, which may detect a problem

Bar its not a Anti Virus program at all is it.

Original Poster

thanks to all who helped, i just uninstalled pc tools , fingers crossed

Take out RAM and reinsert. Boot up. If it still persists and you have more than the one stick, try one at a time.

Are there any entries in the event log relevant to the crash?

Do you have PCTools Security Suite installed?
    Edited by: "nick1austin" 24th Jan 2011

Original Poster

nick1austin

Do you have PCTools Security Suite installed?

not anymore and hasnt crashed since!!

peterjmay

not anymore and hasnt crashed since!!

Let me guess... the crashes started just after PCTools Security Suite had been installed?

nick1austin

Let me guess... the crashes started just after PCTools Security Suite had … Let me guess... the crashes started just after PCTools Security Suite had been installed?

hasn't that already been established earlier on in the thread? oO

Original Poster

nick1austin

Let me guess... the crashes started just after PCTools Security Suite had … Let me guess... the crashes started just after PCTools Security Suite had been installed?

not right away like a week afterwards
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 187 ***1129
      2. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      4. word association Game74044544

See more discussions