Groups

Computer tech help needed

My friend left his mother pc out to me to be fix (full of viruss) Had to wipe the hard drive. I have the os back on up and running all updates done. It is an ecs motherboard model number gs7610 ultra. Some prat before swaped the board. I have 99% of the drivers but can not get the ethernet controller for it. Tried the ecs website,download the correct lan driver but nothing, read on a google search that someone had the same problem and got it solved but it doesn't tell you what driver he download anyone help.

Running xp home

8 Comments

I'd whack windows 7 on it there will more than likely be a driver bundled with it that will work.

is the device listed in device manager but with no driver yeh?

was this the one you tried?

Edited by: "dt_matthews" 3rd Apr 2011

Original Poster

yes the dives is in the device manger with no drive. Would not put win 7 on could not support it only a 2.0ghz

Original Poster

And yes that is the motherboard and the drivers i installed

was the download an installer package (exe or msi) or just a zip of the driver files that you unzipped and then pointed device manager to the extracted files?
    Edited by: "dt_matthews" 3rd Apr 2011

Original Poster

just a zip file. i unzipped and installed nothing

Original Poster

ok thanks will give it a try
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?66
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047072
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1836
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767134

See more discussions