Groups
    EXPIRED

Computer Techie Person please estimate the value of my laptop :)

I have decided I want to move on from my Dell Inspiron 1520. Since I have no knowledge on hows much this is worth i'd thought i'd see if anyone techie would know about it. I'll list the specs below, Please only contribute if your going to be helpful

Dell Inspiron 1520 - Matte Black Finish

System Type - Windows Vista 32 - bit OS - Genuine Vista
    Processor - Intel (R) Celeron (R) M CPU 540 @ 1.86GHz
    Memory (RAM) 1014mb
    120GB HDD (I Think)

It's 2 Years old and was bought for £399.99 Originally, I have the OS Vista Disc aswell and I have reformatted back to Factory Fresh (I Think) Dont have a box though as I moved to australia and came back again so threw the box out as it was uneeded.

11 Comments

its worth around £100 maybe £200 at a push

Banned

if you are going to list this in the fs boards, you have to wait 7 fll days from locking this up, sorry if you already knew this, awaits the insults

Original Poster

rocko5000;6162231

its worth around £100 maybe £200 at a push

too be honest I was expecting it to be worth £200 Mark. But definately not £100... But was hoping to get some detailed input if some computer guys are hanging about the forums

its not worth £200
    more roughly £140-£170 maybe

Original Poster

sassie;6162251

if you are going to list this in the fs boards, you have to wait 7 fll … if you are going to list this in the fs boards, you have to wait 7 fll days from locking this up, sorry if you already knew this, awaits the insults

yup I do know about it havent completely decided to list it on here though so just debating for the time being cheers though :thumbsup:

I'd say £180

its not very good spec and would expect £150 as its not really much better than a new netbook and i see these all the time for sale as they are under powered laptops i know people who have computers of this spec and they run vista but barley as the OS needs just under 1gb of memory to function and ive upgraded the memory on every one and a machine of this spec will cost brand new not much more than £220 new.

I doubt you'd sell it on here for more than £150. You might get around £200 on ebay, which after deductions probably comes to about £150. :roll:

this is worth nowhere near 200 quid. I sold a far better laptop than this for just over 200. Celeron is just about the worst processor there is. 1gb of ram is really low, 3-4gb is standard these days. i'd say 150max. This is a really underpowered laptop to be running windows vista.

Original Poster

thanks for the input guys, appreciate it, Thread can be closed :thumbsup:

supermod

Closed at OP Request.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
    3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
    4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions