Groups

computer techy help

i want to buy one of these two pc's from eBuyer and need it ASAP, i'm aware they don't come with a OP but i have XP cd to hand so thats ok.
    my question is...which 1 is better?
    will xp run fine on both?
    which is better value for money?

Thanks

links in post

9 Comments

Original Poster

XP will definitely run with no probs on both, I would go for the extra value one purely for the Quad-core, but it depends what its going to be used for

you need to make sure about the drivers, as xp does not always like sata drives.

Banned

i would go for quad core.

Original Poster

i'm sure the drivers will be fine, i am going use Matrox Video Suite with it and it only is supported with XP,
    i use VS with my current xp pc and works ok, slow at times because of the crap processor.
    i was thinking of going for the quad core although the pentium dual core has a lot of good reviews

Original Poster

also between the pentium dual core and quad, is there a huge huge difference?

ash90;7211702

also between the pentium dual core and quad, is there a huge huge … also between the pentium dual core and quad, is there a huge huge difference?

probably not for general usage (music, video, internet browsing, office applications, etc) but if you're doing CPU intensive tasks like video editing, gaming, watch 1080p high definition video then you may be better off with the quad core.

Original Poster

oldmanhouse;7211781

probably not for general usage (music, video, internet browsing, office … probably not for general usage (music, video, internet browsing, office applications, etc) but if you're doing CPU intensive tasks like video editing, gaming, watch 1080p high definition video then you may be better off with the quad core.

Thanks for the help, rep left for every1

They both only list VGA ports and not a DVI port.

The quad-core is undoubtedly the faster one as it's two Core 2 Duos (like the Pentium E6300) effectively glued together.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions