computer virus

just updated my AVG free edition and clicked on the virus vault

it says it has got 20 trojan horse viruses

what do i do now?

8 Comments

Click the repair or remove button.

Panic? :lol:

If it's in the vault it means its been terminated so poses no further risk :thumbsup:

find a trojan stable, gotta keep them warm in this weather

watch out - the Greeks tend to come out at night!!!. this is where the saying "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts" came from, but i think the phrase "Beware of Trojans, they're thick" is a more apt one.

Original Poster

Shengis;1790354

Panic? :lol:If it's in the vault it means its been terminated so poses no … Panic? :lol:If it's in the vault it means its been terminated so poses no further risk :thumbsup:

so i just leave them?

Empty the Virus Vault. This iirc was an option within AVG.
This will clear them off your pc. The Virus Vault is where AVG moves viruses too, so empty that and they will go.......

I tend to leave them in there myself so I have a record of what AVG has caught. Not had any virii since installing noscript into firefox, used to get LOADS from IE though :x

Shengis;1797843

I tend to leave them in there myself so I have a record of what AVG has … I tend to leave them in there myself so I have a record of what AVG has caught. Not had any virii since installing noscript into firefox, used to get LOADS from IE though :x

Ah right,didn't think of that. Don't use AVG anymore, now on ZoneAlarm Security Suite and much happier. Mind, have to use a dual core pc lol Will look at noscript in firefox, don't use IE at all anymore :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How dangerous is Donald trump?1645
    2. Sad news about Barcelona2187
    3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6521244
    4. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861853

See more discussions