computer wi fi help

hoping someone here can help,a few days ago my comp crashed blue screen,wouldnt reboot and system repair could fix it ,restore also didnt work.after a few hundred times i got it to boot but the wireless wasnt working and as soon as i pressed wi fi button again bluescreen crash.

ive taken the wi fi card out and computer runs fine,ive bought a new wi fi card and the same thing happens so i can rule out a fualty card.

any suggestions?

7 Comments

Do you have anything else you can put into the slot on the laptop?

It appears it could possible be a faulty slot on your laptop causing to blue screen when anything inserted into it...

If it's critical for you to get on the internet at home - have you tried just running a network/ethernet cable from your router to the laptop?

Original Poster

birdyboyuk

Do you have anything else you can put into the slot on the laptop?It … Do you have anything else you can put into the slot on the laptop?It appears it could possible be a faulty slot on your laptop causing to blue screen when anything inserted into it...

i dont have anything that would fit in slot except the new card

meandog101

If it's critical for you to get on the internet at home - have you tried … If it's critical for you to get on the internet at home - have you tried just running a network/ethernet cable from your router to the laptop?

that works im using the computer just now,just a pain having wire trailling all over the place

Buy a wifi dongle is probably the easiest solution. Cannot imagine it to be easy to get a new card slot fitted.

Have you tried system restore?

Your wifi drivers appear to be the issue or having a conflict with another software on the system. Go to control panel, hardware device and remove the wifi card. The download new ones from the manufacture website. If it's a known issue it will probably be fixed in the latest version.

Good luck!

What kind of computer do you have? On my notebook integrated wifi went down I installed usb wifi, 3 days and boom, it wont even start "disk read error" I think it's due to overheating
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. GOT Leaks again416
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846084
    3. What an absolute disgrace2149
    4. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1313

See more discussions