computer/antivirus help please .asap

10 replies
Found 11th Jun 2007
Hi,
I have a newish laptop -Dell 9400 running Windows Vista Home Premium.
I want to uninstall all the crap on it -but don't want to do a complete reinstall as do not feel confident enough to do that.
I am trying to get rid of the Macfee anti virus-but it keeps giving me a message about windows and unistalling it ?! Will this affect the windows Vista -i didn't think it had anything to do with windows ??:?
Also i tried to install my Norton 2007 which i have put on my desktop and it says -this is for windows xp ?! :thinking:
Any one help please !!- in easy terms too -thanks a lot.

10 Comments

Whats the error message?

Can you take a screenshot and postit?

Original Poster

Hi,
It just says windows needs your permission to continue -do i press ok?

Original Poster

if you press details it just gives windows license number underneath ?
Is it ok to press continue as it shouldnt uninstall anything to do with windows surely??

Original Poster

help please !!

Original Poster

Can Anyone Help Please !

sounds like the user account control just asking your permission to uninstall mcafee...as long as that is what you chose from "uninstall a program" then it's fine go ahead and uninstall, it has nothing to do with windows...as for norton, it didn't work a few months back but I wouldn't even bother if it did, just download avast! antivirus which does just a good job and is a lot lighter.

My help is DONT put Norton 2007 on it Crap .... put NOD32 on its the best out there

You could always ask one of your cats to help

yes I agree with the above and wouldn't put Norton on a PC..it hogs system resources...avast is a good freebie as suggested by fungus...you can download it at the link below

]http//ww…0-2

Original Poster

Thanks a lot everyone -will sort this all out this afternoon.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941396
    2. Marmite1823
    3. Krack WiFi vuln1121
    4. UBER can be a waste of money1019

See more discussions