Groups

Computers - you've got to hate them!

I spent most of yesterday trying to figure out why my Netbook suddenly stopped recognising its wifi card. It wasn't showing up in the Device Manger though Windows was saying it was enabled and working. I reinstalled drivers, did System Restore and a multitude of other things to get it back - but total failure.

I decided to forget it and buy a USB wifi dongle from eBay instead.

I switched on the Notebook this morning to find everything is working correctly now!

I'm pleased and angry

6 Comments

Did you try restarting it when you noticed the problem?

Original Poster

Did everything (several times) - but nothing showed up. I always restart my computers immediately after installing new drivers or updates.

I hate them, my mobo's dying on me work computer, USB decides when it wants to work, VGA onboard has already died slowly now it seems like the IDE controllers on its last legs.

Original Poster

Predikuesi

Did everything (several times) - but nothing showed up. I always restart … Did everything (several times) - but nothing showed up. I always restart my computers immediately after installing new drivers or updates.

It seems that this is an issue with mini computers (and some, especially HP laptops).

Original Poster

Adam2050

I hate them, my mobo's dying on me work computer, USB decides when it … I hate them, my mobo's dying on me work computer, USB decides when it wants to work, VGA onboard has already died slowly now it seems like the IDE controllers on its last legs.

That sounds like my wife's laptop

Predikuesi

That sounds like my wife's laptop

Going to get raided for parts once work gives me a new pc.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …230712
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523448
      3. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963012
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…35

See more discussions