Found 5th Mar
Anyone got a toilet with a concealed cistern? We are doing our wetroom and our plumber has recommended Geberit or Grohe as they are both very good.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

I think concealed cisterns look nice but are a right pain when a valve or washer needs replacing.

Agree with john52, hopefully if high quality will be OK

Both makes are good, not too much to go wrong, parts can be replaced through the push opening.

The main tip for any Wet Room is CROSS YOUR FINGERS

I have a Geberit cistern and Grohe bath and basin taps. You can feel the quality when in use.

Banned

Do not ever fit a concealed cistern unless you can unconceal it all with a screwdriver.

Regardless of the brand name. Trust me.
Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 5th Mar

We have a Grohe which is now nearly 11 years old. A washer has gone once, about 2 years ago and was easy to replace by removing the flush plate which gives access to the system. I have Grohe taps & shower fitments and they still look and work like new. I don't know the other make but if it's in the same league as Grohe you won't go wrong.

One word, ACCESS. Concealed are great but only if you think in advance of when you need to change parts. Make sure you have plenty of removable panels.

Yes they look much nicer. make sure and insist on an access panel

I have grohe taps been very good but had a washer go on the sink mixer tap, phoned up for a replacement and was told that they have a 5 year warranty and was sent a new one free of charge, this was probably about 8 years ago and has been no problem since.

On the other hand I also had a geberit cistern in our toilet that had a stupid rubber diaphragm on the inlet thar only lasted just over a year, when I contacted them, they would only give a years warranty so after changing this about 3 or 4 times I decided enough was enough and changed the cistern for a fluidmaster which has been faultless for about 6 or 7 years.

So from my experience I would rate Grohe but not Geberit and I would not go for concealed as any mechanical item can malfunction and it is a real pain if it's hidden, form over function.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How are these websites Direct2Mum, PreciousLittleOne?11
    2. Is this expensive?69
    3. 48 hour working time directive812
    4. MacBook66

See more discussions