Concept 2 Rowing machine deals?

Posted 31st Dec 2019
Hi, I have autism and going the gym is not going to happen. Especially when my local one, the cost of going, petrol, parking for the whole year comes close to a grand.
I don't feel comfortable running round either esp as bad knees run through our family. Done my research and a rowing machine is a great cardio exercise. I am the type who would use it everyday.
Only problem is low on money, Concept 2 seems to be the one to go for as people buy them and they can last over 20yrs easy without issue.
Brand new you can be looking at about £850

does anyone know if these are ever on a deal or how to get them cheaper without shopping around for ages on ebay for a 2nd hand one. (I find a lot of people don't tend to look after somethings and don't want to be spending loads for it not to work after a year)
Any help would be great.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Might be worth contacting your local gyms see if they’re planning on renewing their equipment, otherwise local hospitals often dispose of equipment they’re replacing.
Consider a cross trainer as well. Great cardio with that as well and minimum joint impact. Loads of decent ones on eBay / gumtree.
Will likely need to get it collected and relocated, get quotes from local man and van type people.
buy brand new....find somewhere that does a decent cashback deal on top of the best price.

They concept 2's hold their resale value ....you will lose some money but not a lot in comparison to other machines.

If your budget does not stretch to new, then when you are buying used, ask how many miles have been rowed on the machine (value can be found in the computer) and for the serial number (which you can determine the age of the rower from)

Personally i wouldn't touch ex gym equipment.
Edited by: "imran999" 31st Dec 2019
I am tempted by new to be fair since they can still be sold for a lot. Just a scary amount as not spent that kinda money for a long time. I'm unemployed at the moment but have savings (ideally for a flat) but healthy body, healthy mind, will help with my depression as well which could help motivate me to get more stuff done like my writing, working from home ideas.
Have appealed my PIP as it was rejected and told by the guy doing it for me, his never lost and always gets it back dated to when I applied, so that will definitely help pay for it so think I just need to take the plunge and go for it.

What do you think is best cross trainer or rowing machine?
drewbles8231/12/2019 19:51

I am tempted by new to be fair since they can still be sold for a lot. …I am tempted by new to be fair since they can still be sold for a lot. Just a scary amount as not spent that kinda money for a long time. I'm unemployed at the moment but have savings (ideally for a flat) but healthy body, healthy mind, will help with my depression as well which could help motivate me to get more stuff done like my writing, working from home ideas. Have appealed my PIP as it was rejected and told by the guy doing it for me, his never lost and always gets it back dated to when I applied, so that will definitely help pay for it so think I just need to take the plunge and go for it.What do you think is best cross trainer or rowing machine?

Personally , my wife and I have a cross trainer which she uses every day and I use occasionally. I’d Defo try and buy one of these second hand though but I’d look for one that is pretty heavy duty.
I too would choose cross trainer.

I find it low impact on knees, you can go hard or easy on your arms. It's easy to do interval training on, which means you can burn through calories faster and it keeps it interesting.

You can get a simple hiit timer app for your phone and using Google find a rest to full speed timing guide that suits you.

I find rowing the most boring of all machines personally and it's harder to dry your laundry on as it's low down.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants