Concerned with Ebay buyer

A buyer bought an item from me yesterday and I posted it today.

I've now received the following e-mail from Ebay and noticed that the buyer is no longer a registered user (set up account on the 11th May, with 11 positive feedbacks):

Dear eBay Community Member,

A previously entered bid on your item (XXXXXXXXXXXX) has been retracted or cancelled. You can view the retraction/cancellation and the reason provided by selecting the (bid history) link from the individual item page. As a result of this retraction/cancellation, there is a possibility that the high bid amount and the current high bidder have changed. You can always view the current status of any item by going to the individual item page. (Be sure to refresh or reload the page to view the most up-to-date information.)

Regards,

eBay

Do I need to be concerned?

I sent the item today via special delivery. Should and can I recall it from Royal Mail?

Thanks in advance.

27 Comments

o dear... no dont think u can recall it now.. what was said item? phone..laptop?
was it a confirmed paypal address?

if its sent already theres little chance you will get it back now, unless they dont sign for it, in which case it will be held for certain amount of time and then they will resend it back to you, as the money been refunded back to buyer from paypal? if not you should be ok, unless the buyer puts claim in, in which case if they do you can supply paypal with the tracking number assuming they sign for it etc, dont think you will have anything to worry about

Banned

The winning bidder can not retract a bid, so this retraction must have taken place before the auction ended. I take it you received payment for the item before you sent it?

You should visit the Q&A forum on the ebay community boards and get an ebay education about the multitude of things that can go wrong on ebay and how to safeguard yourself.

Original Poster

superskilly;5294300

o dear... no dont think u can recall it now.. what was said item? … o dear... no dont think u can recall it now.. what was said item? phone..laptop? was it a confirmed paypal address?

Yes, it was a confirmed address. It was a signed book that I sold for £100.

Original Poster

slamdunkin;5294443

The winning bidder can not retract a bid, so this retraction must have … The winning bidder can not retract a bid, so this retraction must have taken place before the auction ended. I take it you received payment for the item before you sent it?

It was a multiple BIN listing. Payment was sent soon after.

When I click on transaction history now, it is now blank, showing as nothing sold.

Banned

So you sent an item without checking wether you had been paid for it?

check in your paypal account as it should show there?if it is put in the tracking number as required by paypal ...only other thing i can suggest is if it was posted after collection in your local PO and the staff are friendly,it might still be sitting in there ..you could nip in first thing and see .......tell me you never sent without checking it had been paid via paypal???...good luck x

Original Poster

slamdunkin;5294645

So you sent an item without checking wether you had been paid for it?

No. I have never sent an item without receiving payment first.

Banned

So how many of these signed books did you have?

this sounds like a windup to me.

Original Poster

slamdunkin;5294680

So how many of these signed books did you have?this sounds like a windup … So how many of these signed books did you have?this sounds like a windup to me.

5 in total.

IWannaBeAdored;5294665

No. I have never sent an item without receiving payment first.

well it should show in paypal...a paypal claim is not immediate i dont think...if the buyer reversed the payment...paypal get in touch with you..get that tracking number into paypal if you can ..thats your protection that and posting to confirmed addresses

who signed them.i mean what are they

Banned

The email you are claiming to have received, doesn't correspond with a BIN listing.

IWannaBeAdored;5294685

5 in total.

Are you one of those people that go round getting people to sign books so you can sell them on fleabay?

Something like this? ]Samaras

slamdunkin;5294738

The email you are claiming to have received, doesn't correspond with a … The email you are claiming to have received, doesn't correspond with a BIN listing.

ahh your right ..that email is if a buyer retracts a bid...hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Banned

This is a wind up

Banned

Who in their right mind would buy a signed book thinking it's genuine from a BIN listing with 5 of them listed...lol...No one would, thats who.

And that is why no one would sell them like that.

Original Poster

lorsmanic;5294723

well it should show in paypal...a paypal claim is not immediate i dont … well it should show in paypal...a paypal claim is not immediate i dont think...if the buyer reversed the payment...paypal get in touch with you..get that tracking number into paypal if you can ..thats your protection that and posting to confirmed addresses

Just entered the tracking info into Paypal. Thanks.

could be something simple like the buyer has had a couple of none paying bidders on them and because they're new its knocked them off. Could have multiple accounts and be kicked off for shill bidding? If its still in paypal there is hope,make sure u keep pop though. Advanced searh them by bidder see what havew bid on, could of been a stolen card although if you have posted a confirmed address should be ok was seller protection 'eligable' when you sent and did u send to that address.

Original Poster

slamdunkin;5294803

Who in their right mind would buy a signed book thinking it's genuine … Who in their right mind would buy a signed book thinking it's genuine from a BIN listing with 5 of them listed...lol...No one would, thats who.And that is why no one would sell them like that.

What on earth are you talking about?

I've sold loads of signed genuine stuff before in multiple listings before.

Why should I pay Ebay listing fees for each one when I can list all of them in one listing???

*puts down pen and cancels order for 100 copies of mybookywook by Russell Brand*...........ahem not me!

IWannaBeAdored;5294867

What on earth are you talking about?I've sold loads of signed genuine … What on earth are you talking about?I've sold loads of signed genuine stuff before in multiple listings before.

whats the item?im intrigued now...

Original Poster

superskilly;5294864

could be something simple like the buyer has had a couple of none paying … could be something simple like the buyer has had a couple of none paying bidders on them and because they're new its knocked them off. Could have multiple accounts and be kicked off for shill bidding? If its still in paypal there is hope,make sure u keep pop though. Advanced searh them by bidder see what havew bid on, could of been a stolen card although if you have posted a confirmed address should be ok was seller protection 'eligable' when you sent and did u send to that address.

Yes, seller protection and confirmed address.

I had no reasons to doubt it at the time.

IWannaBeAdored;5294844

Just entered the tracking info into Paypal. Thanks.

ok so the payment is showing in paypal??and the addy is confirmed....then you can transfer payment from paypal to your bank account...the buyer might simply have closed their ebay account?.what is the item ....we women are nosey !!!!!!!!!!!

Banned

They can't pull a paypal payment on a BIN....it says so before you commit to buy.

If an email starts
"Dear ebay community member" then it is not a genuine email. All genuine emails start with Dear username
If you followed the instructions in it, by clicking the link and viewing the transaction details etc, then someone else knows your password.
If you can still sign into your account, changed your password NOW.
Another way to check is that the email should show in your My eBay messages section. If it is not there, then again it is not genuine.
If you have money in your paypal account, empty it NOW.
If you cannot sign in to your eBay account, follow the link for 'Forgotten my password"

This all needs to be done as soon as you read this.

It still mystifies me how people fall for scams....even when I couldn't type more than a word a minute I was reporting these scams..... If I wasn't such an honest person who had dedicated my life to helping others and svaing lives I probably would be seriously rich by now..... and HAPPY! lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846216
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49395
    3. Find out how good your GP surgery is1111
    4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism46

See more discussions