Groups
    EXPIRED

concrete fence post help, bought 29 , 7ft9 posts fitted 12 upto now and noticed 3 days later 4 have hair line cracks in middle

anyone with experiance can you help , is this a bad batch i dont want to fit the rest if there going to brake and crack . going to phone the fence supplier tomorrow to come out and see then if i new the would be this weak i would of used wooden posts

4 Comments

thats a lot of fence posts oO they wont break (snap in half) as they have 2 metal rods inside that reinforce them, if the cracks are just surface, then I wouldn't worry too much as I've just checked mine & I have a few surface cracks & that line of posts have been up for a few years now, if the cracks are deeper, you could get water in, which might lead to rusting of the metal rods & then "blow" the concrete.

Original Poster

yer the crack goes straight throught and the post is weaker not its happened to 4 of the 12 post so am not fitting any more now going to get the fencing supplier out , i just think its a weak batch of posts may be the concrete is weak the post have 4 steel rods in them . really peed off because i ll have to break the posts out now which will take ages,

I don't remember seeing any cracks on my posts, unless they are so small like hairline cracks. (Painted now)

Yes this happened to me just had to replace 9 2.7m posts on a job
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4332025
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…26112
      3. Samsung Note 845
      4. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1216

See more discussions