Found 15th Oct 2016
Used to have a vented tumble dryer but there is no space for that where I live now. I do have a lot of upstairs space though so could home a condenser dryer. Just a few concerns, do they make your house very damp e.t.c have any of you got one and if so would you recommend one? Thank you.

13 Comments

We have a condenser washer/dryer - essentially the water vapour is excreted through the waste water pipe, so no real damp issues here. I assume a separate dryer will work in the same way...
Edited by: "Mermoo" 15th Oct 2016

We had ours out in the conservatory and found it did increase the damp, but how much of that was caused by it being in a conservatory instead of a warmer room?

Since we had a vented one fitted, it's been much better

Most condenser dryers collect water in a tank and this has to be emptied periodically.

Since switching to a condenser around 8 months ago from a vented dryer only difference I've noticed is that the kitchen is more humid when its in use.

I ensure window is open when its used, and I'd replace it with another condenser should it develop a fault.

Mermoo

We have a condenser washer/dryer - essentially the water vapour is … We have a condenser washer/dryer - essentially the water vapour is excreted through the waste water pipe, so no real damp issues here. I assume a separate dryer will work in the same way...

I've had a condenser dryer where there's no drainage, the water is collected in a pull-out drawer canister that you have to empty every so often.

It probably adds some moisture to the air but I don't remember it being very damp. Certainly in my experience not enough for it to cause problems.

You will need to allow some ventilation otherwise over a long period of continuous use there will be some issues especially in the corners no to mention escape of tiny fibres that are not trapped by the filter

We have a Samsung condenser and it's the best purchase no damp issues, been using it a good year and half to two. Wouldn't go back

I have had numerous dryers both vented and condenser. The condenser dryers will warm up that room but will NOT cause damp.
I have a beloved sensor dry and it is by far the best one I have had and dries a 7kg load in about 50 mins. If you want me to find out the model number let me know.

I had one for years and it didn't make the house damp . I used the water it collected to water the plants . I didn't find it as effective as a vented one though .

It won't make your room damp, all of the steam/water vapour is sent through the waste pipe.

hutchir9

I have had numerous dryers both vented and condenser. The condenser … I have had numerous dryers both vented and condenser. The condenser dryers will warm up that room but will NOT cause damp. I have a beloved sensor dry and it is by far the best one I have had and dries a 7kg load in about 50 mins. If you want me to find out the model number let me know.

​I'm interested in this 50 min drying time. Any chance you could find out that model number? Cheers.

Original Poster

Yes me too please x

Original Poster

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml Do any of you have this one please?

Our bathroom was large so a few years ago I took the wall down and moved it in about a mitre. We still has room for a bath and a walk-in shower that's how big it was. Anyway I then created a little unit on the landing to house a washing machine and a dryer on top of that. Perfect solution, more space in the kitchen and no dirty clothes down stairs. Condensing dryer works well for us.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 43 inch 4k tv that is uhd 10bit510
    2. A dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G56
    3. Driving anxiety.33
    4. Whey protien411

See more discussions