Groups

confetti at a wedding

I know you can't throw confetti in the church grounds at a wedding but does anyone know the consequences if you do. My future wife, is obviously after that perfect wedding photo and we are looking to get biodegradable confetti. The church backs out onto a street ,so we'd much prefer to have that "shot" as we come out ,but are unsure at what cost and what will happen. We won't be breaking the law will we?

18 Comments

Rose petals? If you're not allowed confetti, that means you're not allowed confetti, despite your wife wanting the 'perfect' photo.

Original Poster

Yes ,i know I'm not allowed confetti,but my question was ,what would happen if we threw it anyway. We've paid our money,what can they do?

Get someone to clean it up after? (Will be a mission of course!)
    I know what u mean about getting that 'shot' it looks good in the album

For each person that throws it a fine for littering.

I can't imagine a fine being enforced

Obviously they'll know which wedding party threw the confetti knowing they shouldn't have .Are you prepared to face the wrath of God!!!!!!

Speak to the vicar - there will probably not be a problem if it is very important to you and you delegate the job of clearing it up afterwards to a friend or family member.
    If you want to use the church for your wedding ,isn't it a bit disrespectful to ignore their rules just because there would not be a prosecution!

Stand on some dust sheets whilst the pics are being taken (obviously avoiding the ground in the photos), then it's easier to clean up.

Get real guys, use bio-degradable rice paper confetti - buy it off Amazon!

What did the church/vicar/warden say when you ASKED if you could throw confetti?

You will be sent to the depths of hell

Original Poster

LizzyUK

What did the church/vicar/warden say when you ASKED if you could throw … What did the church/vicar/warden say when you ASKED if you could throw confetti?

​No ,we are allowed to throw at the gate onto the street, but the thing,the tradition is to throw as you exit the church. it's a little thing but it's a big thing if you know what i mean

So the church have said no? If you have agreed to their terms and conditions for booking the church, then legally you should abide by them. You may find yourself in court for breach of contract.

They may send you the bill for cleaning it up.

Be careful throwing near the public street as there may by littering laws in the locale.

Why not look for a church that will allow you to throw confetti near the main door? They don't all ban it you know.

There are alternatives to confetti such as blowing bubbles. Have a Google.

ps I film and photograph weddings and I've taken great photos at the gate.

If I was a guest at your wedding I would be perfectly prepared to clean up - you can dry the rose petals in the microwave, just make sure someone reliable is sweeping up - surely they would never know if they are all gone within 5 mins.

We not using confetti, we are giving the guests bubbles

amazon.co.uk/gp/…1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489622462&sr=8-1π=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=wedding+bubbles&dpPl=1&dpID=514q3D%2B6TIL&ref=plSrch

Original Poster

caroline777upnorth

If I was a guest at your wedding I would be perfectly prepared to clean … If I was a guest at your wedding I would be perfectly prepared to clean up - you can dry the rose petals in the microwave, just make sure someone reliable is sweeping up - surely they would never know if they are all gone within 5 mins.

​Then would you like to come to our wedding. I'd love for you to be there.

use THIS it's legal.

Original Poster

Dawsy

use THIS it's legal.

​i would but they've denied even natural confetti.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Audi A4 2 Batteries and memory card issue35
      2. Are smart parking limited legitimate44
      3. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)511
      4. Virgin Media - what is a good price?614

See more discussions