Confused which OLED I should go for (for sports, movies, normal TV)

Posted 3rd Feb 2023
Hi

Have been looking to bite the bullet and get a 65” OLED (but keep waiting for I don’t know what). Maybe I just get confused by the comments.

In short, it would be great to know which I should go for (in order). It will only be used for sports, movies and TV shows.

LG C2
Panasonic LZ1500
Samsung S95
Sony A80 (or A84 but I don't know what the difference is)

I am also tempted by the LG G2 but I will need to get a stand.

Any help/guidance to make me spend some money (wisely) would be appreciated.
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Broad brush:

LG for gaming
    Panasonic for movies and TV shows
    Samsung for brightness
    Sony is not in the same league as those TVs, the A90 is the closer match...best build quality and QC
    My vote is.going to LG or Sony A80K.

Samsung? You will be lucky if you won't receive unit with bend panel straight from the box. This is the most common issue for 65" version.

If you have a patience and test your luck, go for Samsung.

Just check youtube first for bend panel issues first (especially TechGiant, he had good unit after 3rd time, lol).
    Got a neo qled from samsung and loving it.

Id go samsung. My dad prefers lg, can't really go wrong with either brand.
    From a Samsung household (QLED) - I went to LG Oled (C1) and the difference was outstanding.

As a curveball check out Philips Ambilight OLED - they use LG panels and are rated highly 
    Bought an LG C2 but only 42inch at Xmas and the picture is amazing for gaming and TV. We watched Avatar on it and 'wow' the picture looked so good but we was coming from a Samsung LED TV. Expensive TV but so worth it!
's avatar