Groups

Confusion about Dell Outlet products warranty

I noticed that the original system of some computers has 3 years' warranty. If I buy these computers, will I get the original 3 years' warranty or only the standard 1 year Dell Outlet warranty? Thanks in advance.

15 Comments

Banned

no just the year

Original Poster

sassie;4756140

no just the year

Thanks, sassie. So the warranty has no relations with that of the original system? But it seems the longer warranty the original system has, the more expensive it is. It may be my wrong perception:?.

nope...

Banned

toplch;4756189

Thanks, sassie. So the warranty has no relations with that of the … Thanks, sassie. So the warranty has no relations with that of the original system? But it seems the longer warranty the original system has, the more expensive it is. It may be my wrong perception:?.

no it doesnt, you just get standard one year, not noticed about the higher priced ones showing as a 3 yr warranty, although it makes sense really, maybe thhey price these acording to originol cost and forget the warranty price will be in on it, maybe email them and ask how they are priced as you have noticed this

Original Poster

Cool. Thank both of you, sassie and bazzaric, for your kindly help.

I've had two machines from Dell Outlet by the way. A Latitude and an XPS M1330. Both were in brand new condition!

Original Poster

bazzaric;4756407

I've had two machines from Dell Outlet by the way. A Latitude and an XPS … I've had two machines from Dell Outlet by the way. A Latitude and an XPS M1330. Both were in brand new condition!

Congrats, bazzaric. Hope mine will be also in such good condition :thumbsup:.

i could say a few things about outlet.

Original Poster

shanecr;4756499

i could say a few things about outlet.

Hi shanecr,

Do you know their refund policy? Will they be able to refund all money including the delivery charges? Thanks.

Original Poster

bazzaric;4756407

I've had two machines from Dell Outlet by the way. A Latitude and an XPS … I've had two machines from Dell Outlet by the way. A Latitude and an XPS M1330. Both were in brand new condition!

Hi bazzaric, BTW, does your XPS M1330 include all accessories including remote control and magnetic protective case? Thanks.

toplch;4757721

Hi shanecr,Do you know their refund policy? Will they be able to refund … Hi shanecr,Do you know their refund policy? Will they be able to refund all money including the delivery charges? Thanks.

yes. they do. And you do not need send it back, they collect it if you dont want it.

But i will say.....customer service.....when they are good...they are excellent....but when they are bad....they are purely awful.

Original Poster

shanecr;4757766

yes. they do. And you do not need send it back, they collect it if you … yes. they do. And you do not need send it back, they collect it if you dont want it. But i will say.....customer service.....when they are good...they are excellent....but when they are bad....they are purely awful.

I see. Thanks for your information, shanecr. How about the delivery charge for them to send the system to us?

toplch;4758002

I see. Thanks for your information, shanecr. How about the delivery … I see. Thanks for your information, shanecr. How about the delivery charge for them to send the system to us?

i always buy when the free delivery offer is on. otherwise its £55 or something.

It varies depending on whatever offers they have at the time, sometimes it's free, sometimes it's a smallish amount (19 pounds) other times it's 60 pounds. I bought an XPS M1730 off them last week and I think the delivery was 19 pounds or similar.

I've bought quite a few machines from the Outlet, specifically an Inspiron 9300, XPS M1710, Vostro 1310, 1510, Studio Hybrid, Studio 430 and an XPS M1730. In all cases the machines were as brand new, no fingerprints, still protective film on them etc. The only problem I've had with the XPS M1710 which had a strange fault out of the box, rather than send it back as I should have as it was a good deal I tried to get it fixed. 18 months I'm on I'm still trying to get it fixed but it would be the same if the machine came from the main site.

Never had any trouble sending machines back either, just said I didn't want it and they've come and picked it up then issued a full refund.

John

Original Poster

The delivery is 19 pounds now, though the offer is 100 pounds off. Hope I don't need to send mine back;-). Thanks for your further information, shanecr and John.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?25116
      2. Boom2511
      3. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam78
      4. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891616

See more discussions