Groups

Confusion, PS3's and CRT's

Right, i have a CRT monitor, which has VGA, and i have a CRT TV, which has the usual, a Scart , and a Red White Yellow connection, called Component?

I also have a Avious DRW1029 which i believe has composite in and out and s-video

How can i connect a PS3, which i believe only has a HDMI connection, to either of these, preferably the TV?

5 Comments

Its composite not Component, component is when you get a red and white audio and a green blue and red video input.

A PS1 or PS2 scart cable would work fine.

How can i connect a PS3, which i believe only has a HDMI connection

The lead supplied with the PS3 is the one you use, if you only have a HDMI to HDMI (Not supplied in the box by Sony)lead then you won't be able to connect it directly.

Original Poster

Thanks for that, yes then, i have Composite on the DVD Recorder (5 sockets) and Component on the TV (3 sockets)

I have a PS1 here, but IIRC it just goes to the aerial socket.

So i need either a PS2 Scart lead, or i can use a composite lead? Do Zavvi sell either of these, as i'll be down there on Monday, and i'll be trying to make them through one of these leads in :-D

peodude;2114533

Thanks for that, yes then, i have Composite on the DVD Recorder (5 … Thanks for that, yes then, i have Composite on the DVD Recorder (5 sockets) and Component on the TV (3 sockets)I have a PS1 here, but IIRC it just goes to the aerial socket.So i need either a PS2 Scart lead, or i can use a composite lead? Do Zavvi sell either of these, as i'll be down there on Monday, and i'll be trying to make them through one of these leads in :-D

Other way around Composite is red white and yellow component is the one with 5 cables.

And yes the basic cable that the ps3 comes with works.

Original Poster

Aaah, that's good, i was afraid i was going to get home and have no way of connecting and having to buy a load of conversion cables, Good to hear it will work out the box.

Thanks for your help ryouga, rep added :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction1644
      2. How to cancel Sky subscription45
      3. Which Kodi Add-ons?11
      4. www.disneycharms.co46

See more discussions