Groups

congestion charge of london

basically, im going to Victoria tomorrow (the town) and im just wondering is this inside the congestion line as im driving ? also does anybody know how much it costs to get through ?

Thanks people, rep will be added for answers

16 Comments

Original Poster

anybody know? kind of important lol

Every thing you need to know is ]here

Original Poster

oplik;6650370

Every thing you need to know is ]here

sickly sweet;6650371

£8/day if it is, but do a location check here: … £8/day if it is, but do a location check here: https://cclondon.tfl.gov.uk/cclondon/zone/default.aspx

repped both, damn i didn't expect it to be that damn expensive :-( only need to go there for an hour lol

danny09;6650382

repped both, damn i didn't expect it to be that damn expensive :-( only … repped both, damn i didn't expect it to be that damn expensive :-( only need to go there for an hour lol

It's steep but it's not enforced all day, if you can travel through there before 7am or after 6pm you'll be ok.
    And thanks for noticing the 1,000 posts :thumbsup:

Original Poster

sickly sweet;6650474

It's steep but it's not enforced all day, if you can travel through there … It's steep but it's not enforced all day, if you can travel through there before 7am or after 6pm you'll be ok. And thanks for noticing the 1,000 posts :thumbsup:

just got back from London and i didn't even have to pay the congestion charge lol and its cool mate :thumbsup:

danny09;6655143

just got back from London and i didn't even have to pay the congestion … just got back from London and i didn't even have to pay the congestion charge lol and its cool mate :thumbsup:

What makes you think you didn't have to pay it?

You pay on the internet, either £8 on the day you go or £10 the day after. If you don't pay you get a £60 Penalty Charge Notice.

Original Poster

peodude;6655240

What makes you think you didn't have to pay it?You pay on the internet, … What makes you think you didn't have to pay it?You pay on the internet, either £8 on the day you go or £10 the day after. If you don't pay you get a £60 Penalty Charge Notice.

mainly because i asked the traffic warden and he asked how long i had been there and i said about 20 minutes and he said oh ok anything over half hour then you have to pay lol

danny09;6655250

mainly because i asked the traffic warden and he asked how long i had … mainly because i asked the traffic warden and he asked how long i had been there and i said about 20 minutes and he said oh ok anything over half hour then you have to pay lol

Oh dear. I certainly wouldn't trust a Civil Enforcement Officer (Traffic Wardens are what police used to employ)

I'd phone up TfL and see if they have anything logged under your registration, and see if you need to pay or not.

Victoria isnt a town babe.... lol

Hey you were right by me

Original Poster

peodude;6655288

Oh dear. I certainly wouldn't trust a Civil Enforcement Officer (Traffic … Oh dear. I certainly wouldn't trust a Civil Enforcement Officer (Traffic Wardens are what police used to employ)I'd phone up TfL and see if they have anything logged under your registration, and see if you need to pay or not.

meh cba, if i call up then i will have to pay for certain but i was literally there for not even 20 minutes so if i get charged i get charged, if i dont, i dont, last time i went to London few months ago, i didn't have to pay so im going with that

ClarityofMind;6655303

Victoria isnt a town babe.... lol Hey you were right by me

i don't know much about London whether it's a town or not lol and damn missed out :whistling: lol

danny09;6655331

meh cba, if i call up then i will have to pay for certain but i was … meh cba, if i call up then i will have to pay for certain but i was literally there for not even 20 minutes so if i get charged i get charged, if i dont, i dont, last time i went to London few months ago, i didn't have to pay so im going with that

Fair enough, don't say you haven't been warned, they use ANPR cameras on the entrances and exits, although only most of them i think, not all of them, so you may have slipped past last time.

I have known people get fined just for driving in and out again by mistake, so i don't think a short time will help you at all.

Original Poster

peodude;6655366

Fair enough, don't say you haven't been warned, they use ANPR cameras on … Fair enough, don't say you haven't been warned, they use ANPR cameras on the entrances and exits, although only most of them i think, not all of them, so you may have slipped past last time.I have known people get fined just for driving in and out again by mistake, so i don't think a short time will help you at all.

thats fair enough, i took the exact same route as i did last time (followed my sat nav and it was the same route) so i guess i have missed it again

I think he was having a laugh
    I got done when stuck in trafiic getting out of london at 7:15am

This might be of interest to you ]How it works

Maybe phone up, and say that you were driving round the edge of London, but you don't know whether you accidentally wernt in or not, and ask has your registration been seen. If they say yes, ask what time, and if it matches then you know you have been spotted.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Battery drain on iOS 111319
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1639
      3. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.710
      4. Biscuit addiction2060

See more discussions