Posted 20 April 2020

Connect SKY HD Box to New 4K Samsung TV - TV doesn't detect

hi, what cables go where? Connect SKY Box to a 4K TV? HDMI?

3446094-Q0EOT.jpg

3446094-TROzt.jpg

3446094-Y7UBK.jpg
Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

23 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Just use the HDMI cable into the tv, then switch the tv’s input to the hdmi
    great-deals20/04/2020 19:06

So are there any cables already in the wrong place?

Not sure what the white cable and box are for, maybe remove those until you get it working.
    Author
    So are there any cables already in the wrong place?
    Daaaavvveee20/04/2020 19:05

Just use the HDMI cable into the tv, then switch the tv’s input to the hdmi

yeah I just used HDMI , The cable on the right of your picture
    Daaaavvveee20/04/2020 19:09

Not sure what the white cable and box are for, maybe remove those until …Not sure what the white cable and box are for, maybe remove those until you get it working.

Quick google, looks like a magic eye? Just remove it until you have the tv working, put the tv on the hdmi channel corresponding to the port the hdmi cable is plugged into.
    Author
    I'm probably going to have you to spell it out in terms of what cable stays and what cable isn't needed - if a cable is needed then which hole/port?
    Author
    Daaaavvveee20/04/2020 19:11

Quick google, looks like a magic eye? Just remove it until you have the tv …Quick google, looks like a magic eye? Just remove it until you have the tv working, put the tv on the hdmi channel corresponding to the port the hdmi cable is plugged into.

Yes black small box is a magic eye to send Sky signal to other TV.

All cables in picture work with older TV set-up so just pictured to see if they are all still needed.
    great-deals20/04/2020 19:14

Yes black small box is a magic eye to send Sky signal to other TV.All …Yes black small box is a magic eye to send Sky signal to other TV.All cables in picture work with older TV set-up so just pictured to see if they are all still needed.

They are needed if you still want the magic eye.
    Turn the tv on, and put it it on the hdmi channel that corresponds to where you plugged the black hdmi cable into the tv
    Look for a source button on the new remote, click through the options until you get hdmi 1 for eg.
    Then you might find the picture.
    The cable that came out of your old TV just needs to go into your new TV
    Author
    said UNKNOWN for HMDI 1 when I had cable in so Ive "added" it and BSKYB HDMI 1 is installed but no picture / signal - says check device power but Sky Box light is ON / GREEN.

"no signal detected - " Check the cable is plugged in and the device is turned on. messages I get
    great-deals20/04/2020 19:33

said UNKNOWN for HMDI 1 when I had cable in so Ive "added" it and BSKYB …said UNKNOWN for HMDI 1 when I had cable in so Ive "added" it and BSKYB HDMI 1 is installed but no picture / signal - says check device power but Sky Box light is ON / GREEN."no signal detected - " Check the cable is plugged in and the device is turned on. messages I get

Looks like HDMI 2 on the TV in the photo. But the angle makes it not too clear.
    Author
    Yes I tried both each time - same error
    Are you hot plugging?
    Author
    what is hot plugging?
    Reboot your sky box - unplug everything else and use the hdmi cable from your sky box to your hdmi input on your TV
    All you need to do is connect the cable from the back of the sky box in the pink port to your tv. If your TV says no signal it might be a faulty hdmi cable
    Mayb the hdmi cable got damaged during the change over.
    Try another cable or scart if you have.

Would also suggest you do a hard reset on the TV.
    That fixed my audio issue when using sound bar using hdmi. 99% that would resolve your issue. (edited)
    Author
    rimalpatel00720/04/2020 21:10

Mayb the hdmi cable got damaged during the change over. Try another cable …Mayb the hdmi cable got damaged during the change over. Try another cable or scary.Would also suggest you do a hard reset on the TV. That fixed my audio issue when using sound bar using hdmi. 99% that would resolve your issue.

It's a brand new TV so a hard reset still recommended? Will TV still work after doing that?
    Author
    great-deals20/04/2020 21:11

It's a brand new TV so a hard reset still recommended? Will TV still work …It's a brand new TV so a hard reset still recommended? Will TV still work after doing that?

I've ordered a new hdmi cable! :/
    great-deals20/04/2020 21:11

It's a brand new TV so a hard reset still recommended? Will TV still work …It's a brand new TV so a hard reset still recommended? Will TV still work after doing that?

Of course. All it means is that any settings you have tweaked/apps installed will need to be reapplied. I would recommend the reset as sanity check.
    Samdung quality.
    great-deals20/04/2020 19:33

said UNKNOWN for HMDI 1 when I had cable in so Ive "added" it and BSKYB …said UNKNOWN for HMDI 1 when I had cable in so Ive "added" it and BSKYB HDMI 1 is installed but no picture / signal - says check device power but Sky Box light is ON / GREEN."no signal detected - " Check the cable is plugged in and the device is turned on. messages I get

You need to connect sky cable (screw one) to wall connecter if it says 'no signal detected'. Its screw connector on wall in 3rd picture. Hope that helps
's avatar