Connecting a Creative D200 bluetooth speaker to laptop..

Found 7th Feb 2012
Can anyone tell me how to do this? I paid for the latest version of Bluesoleil, but have had nothing but problems with it so am trying to get a refund.

Can anyone tell me how to connect the speaker using some other software? I can't seem to do it just using Windows 7. I can get it to show up in My Devices, but can't work out how to actually connect and stream music through it.

Annoying me!

Have googled, but just seem to be going round in circles.

Any help appreciated

8 Comments

ermmm?
still having problems...?
if bluetooth installed, then you should have a bluetooth devices icon in bottom right next to clock.... or in control panel, get ur speaker into sync model and then click on the bluetooth device and click add device.... then it should add device and install drivers...
once its done click on the bluetooth devices again and show device and go into properties. it should list the features of you device, commonly, devices don't enable all features by default so check that it lists headphone or the like (i know its a speaker but still) and then check to see if its appears as a valid playback device in sounds and select it... if this doen't work or you get a problem let me know where along....

Original Poster

Hey there, didn't think anyone had replied, lol.

I added the speaker, when I go to "show bluetooth devices" it's there. But I just don't understand how to actually get the music to play through it.

When I go to properties then services it shows "audio sink" and "remote control" only. Should there be more there?

Shows device as working properly etc.

The laptop bluetooth is built in or a dongle ?

A2DP compatible ?

----------------

Set the bluetooth/creative default playback device under sound properties in windows 7

check device manager to see if you have any yellow exclamation marks under bluetooth tree.

use your mobile phone to pair to the creative speaker to see if it works if your phone is modern and has bluetooth that also supports a2dp
Edited by: "dontasciime" 8th Feb 2012

support.creative.com/Pro…spx?catID=4&CatName=Speaker+Systems&subCatID=231&subCatName=MIDI+Keyboards&prodID=19775&prodName=Creative+D200&bTopTwenty=1&VARSET=prodfaq:PRODFAQ_19775,VARSET=CategoryID:4

Original Poster

It's built in bluetooth but I have a dongle too that I can use. Can stream from my phone no problem, just not the laptop. Not sure what the A2DP thing is? Will check out that link. Thanks muchly :-)

ChipSticks

It's built in bluetooth but I have a dongle too that I can use. Can … It's built in bluetooth but I have a dongle too that I can use. Can stream from my phone no problem, just not the laptop. Not sure what the A2DP thing is? Will check out that link. Thanks muchly :-)

mobileburn.com/def…2DP

Original Poster

dontasciime

http://www.mobileburn.com/definition.jsp?term=A2DP

The speaker streamed music from the laptop ok using the bluesoliel software, so I'm guessing the A2DP thing isn't the problem. Just wish it had worked for longer than a day at a time lol.

my pc with windows 7 and bluetooth wont play music on my creative d200 it see's the device but wont connect it seems to want a driver but i cant find out where to get it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions