Found 11th Feb 2010
Would I be able to connect this laptop to my HDTV?

hotukdeals.com/ite…-yr

It will only be for streaming some football games (sopcast...etc)

would having a HDMI output on the laptop makes a lot of difference if the matches are not streamed in HD?

1. Misc
  2. Laptop
  3. TV
6 Comments

picture would be same as on laptop only bigger

You'll get a fuzzy pic even with an hdmi link, as none I know of can stream in HD.

Think you'll need a make to maleVGA cable to link this up, and the relevant port on your tv.

Should help if you have no hdmi, if annoying;

videojug.com/fil…ion

Lefty;7812559

You'll get a fuzzy pic even with an hdmi link, as none I know of can … You'll get a fuzzy pic even with an hdmi link, as none I know of can stream in HD.

it will not be a hd link however you get a much better picture with a hdmi link than you do with a vga link. I connect my tv using a hdmi lead and I use the multiscreen option on my laptop so I can put sopcast or whatever on my tv screen and do something else on my laptop screen.

dre1988;7812589

it will not be a hd link however you get a much better picture with a … it will not be a hd link however you get a much better picture with a hdmi link than you do with a vga link. I connect my tv using a hdmi lead and I use the multiscreen option on my laptop so I can put sopcast or whatever on my tv screen and do something else on my laptop screen.

Wouldn't you need like a 5-8metre HDMI cable then? Otherwise, you'll be very close to the TV...especially if its a 40+ inch TV :w00t:

toughCookie;7812696

Wouldn't you need like a 5-8metre HDMI cable then? Otherwise, you'll be … Wouldn't you need like a 5-8metre HDMI cable then? Otherwise, you'll be very close to the TV...especially if its a 40+ inch TV :w00t:

Yep! lol ive got a 10m hdmi cable, my tvs the 42av635db Toshiba. Works very well!

dre1988;7812746

Yep! lol ive got a 10m hdmi cable, my tvs the 42av635db Toshiba. Works … Yep! lol ive got a 10m hdmi cable, my tvs the 42av635db Toshiba. Works very well!

:-D

Out of interest, what's the difference between:
1) using a laptop (that has a Blu-ray player), linked via HDMI cable to a 40inch LCD TV as a Blu-ray player
2) Using a Blu-ray player with a 40 inch LCD TV
3) Using a PS3 as Blu-ray player with a 40 inch LCD TV

Is there any difference in the output quality?

Sorry for spaming the thread :thinking:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Mobile WiFi calling?11
    2. Can you improve my PC build?44
    3. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed432
    4. Driving anxiety.2226

See more discussions