Expired

Connecting a ps4 to a vga monitor help

20 replies
Found 30th Nov 2014
hi i have a vga monitor and was thinking of connecting my ps4 to it.

i have seen many hdmi to vga converters. will they work ?

I have is 19" hanns g vga monitor

i think its this monitor i have

ebuyer.com/623…A0g

20 Comments

amazon.co.uk/dp/…32P

research something like this
Edited by: "dontasciime" 30th Nov 2014

Original Poster

dontasciime

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HH864F8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=30Z8O2BM0KYOZ&coliid=I1V10NCYER532Presearch something like this

thanks .

i have seen these but was wondering if it will work with ps4
Edited by: "hello112" 30th Nov 2014

hello112

thanks .u have seen these but was wondering if it will work with ps4

I'm only replying to throw you on the line of what you might be able to get to work. I've not yet looked at the specs of your monitor or researched the link to the cheap converter there will be hundreds of products like this and I've a feeling only the expensive converter box ones will work consistently or with quality at that point though you may as well just buy a new 1920x1080 monitor with hdmi

having looked at the monitor specs now. Buy a new monitor that does 1920x1080

amazon.co.uk/dp/…c=1

I'm hoping the above is a good one for that price as I've sort of recommended it to 2 people. They've not bought them yet if anyone wants to say something about the monitor eg why I should dissuade them.

Original Poster

dontasciime

having looked at the monitor specs now. Buy a new monitor that does … having looked at the monitor specs now. Buy a new monitor that does 1920x1080

i have a low budget.

can you please recommend a cheap decent monitor
Edited by: "hello112" 30th Nov 2014

Original Poster

i have a low budget

can you recommend a decent monitor please

Original Poster

dontasciime

having looked at the monitor specs now. Buy a new monitor that does … having looked at the monitor specs now. Buy a new monitor that does 1920x1080http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CFFFGUM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=30Z8O2BM0KYOZ&coliid=I13EV1U0282RU4&psc=1I'm hoping the above is a good one for that price as I've sort of recommended it to 2 people. They've not bought them yet if anyone wants to say something about the monitor eg why I should dissuade them.

thanks but thats a bit expensive for me at the moment

ebuyer.com/sto…Yes

amazon.co.uk/s/r…%3A!340832031%2Cn%3A428652031%2Cp_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin%3A1943677031%2Cp_n_feature_browse-bin%3A319911031%2Cp_n_feature_five_browse-bin%3A319938031&sort=price-asc-rank

Whichever monitor you can find with a native 1920x1080 panel in check some reviews for ghosting / lag / speaker quality if important to you. IPS panels have good viewing angles but you might not like ms response times. TN panels are normally faster response times at cheap levels but view angel may not be to your liking for example if you use gaming chair low down to monitor.

Original Poster

dontasciime

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Computer/cat/Monitors?a00149=1920+x+1080&sort=price+ascending&187=Yes

What about this one?

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

hello112

What about this … What about this one?http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2576714.htm

I liked your comment accidentally whilst trying to reply so ignore

--------

looked quickly at the acer and it appears that you'll need to go hdmi to dvi

Original Poster

how will the quality be if i connect my vga monitor to my ps4?

hello112

how will the quality be if i connect my vga monitor to my ps4?

are you using optical out for sound ?

Original Poster

dontasciime

are you using optical out for sound ?

sorry i dont understand

how do you get sound from your ps4 currently

Original Poster

dontasciime

how do you get sound from your ps4 currently

currently its connected to a tv

Original Poster

hdmi tv

VGA does not transfer sound, only video. Therefore you will have to connect the PS4 to a sound source either via optical or AV cable.

Hello112 ^This . Which was the reason I was asking.

Original Poster

dontasciime

Hello112 ^This . Which was the reason I was asking.

there are some converters which have 3.5 jack

Sell whatever you have that is vga and buy a used equivalent that is HDMI for similar money if cash is currently an issue
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Mobile phone advice44
    2. What is gearbest like on warranty?810
    3. Android pay set up610
    4. Best 4k tv's for gaming11

See more discussions